LEG SWELLING ANYBODY?

stephanie1977
on 4/7/06 3:45 am - Roxbury, MA
This is the weirdest thing. I am 8 weeks post-op and down 47 lbs. (Oh what a feeling). The strangest thing though-this week I had to go to the emergency room because my lower legs down to my ankles swelled up like two balloons. I was retaining fluid and had to call the surgeon. He perscribed fluid pills ( I had never taken them in my life). In 36 hrs, I lost 12 lbs (all liquid) Has anyone else had a similiar experience? I would be interested to know what you did to releive the swelling. I am elevating my legs all day but they still swell, not as bad as before I went to the ER but they are still swelling none the less. Look forward to any and all answers.
stephanie1977
on 4/10/06 1:43 am - Roxbury, MA
Hey Doug, Thanks. I am doing much better now. They still don't know exactly what caused all that swelling. I have been really watching my salt intake and keeping my legs elevated as much as possible. Don't worry. I look forward to the monthly meeting so I will see you there. Stephanie
txbunny930
on 4/11/06 11:44 pm - MA
Hey Lady: Glad all is doing well. Is our next support meeting 4/27? I don't want to miss it. Can't wait to see you and Peridot. I bet you both are looking and feeling fantastic. Luv ya, Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views