Time out of Work

robbie33
on 3/29/06 8:07 pm - Western, MA
HI, I am in the preop phase of lapband surgery. I have had all of my appointments and am just waiting for everything to be sent out and approved. The thing is I just got a new job and don't have any vacation. What do you guys think is the least amount of time I could be out of work? I do have a desk job so that will help. I have waited so long for the surgery and don't want to wait until I have been there long enough for a vacation. Help! Robin
txbunny930
on 3/30/06 2:05 am - MA
When I was first looking into doing the Lap Band, I was estimating a week out of work. This is after doing much research on various sites and getting input from others that have had the surgery. Most feel great the next day. Just remember, that each person is different and you will need to allow for your body to adjust as well as you feeling comfortable about new eating schedules and types of food. Good luck to you. Lorraine
Knotty Druid
on 4/1/06 3:33 pm - MA
My wife had her band on a Friday and went back to work with no issues on the following Tuesday. Good luck.
SherryW
on 4/1/06 10:26 pm
I also have a desk job. I had my surgery on a Monday and took that entire week off. When I went to work the following Monday I definately was still sore. I do recommend taking the 1st week off if possible. The sitting and the pressing of my clothing against the surgery area did get sore after a day of sitting at my desk. That was with occassionally getting up and walking etc. If you can't take the week, definately make sure you have clothing that isn't tight around that area if you have to sit all day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views