LOSING WEIGHT BEFORE SURGERY

sandisoh
on 3/26/06 10:27 am - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Hi everyone! I need to lose 10 lbs. before surgery. Yes, I should have done this a LOT sooner. My weigh in is April 6th. Today is March 26th. 10 days! can someone give me a quick, quick, quick, idea on losing some weight before surgery - some tips on quick weight loss, just so I don't get bumped back another month? I will be having my surgery at UMASS as well as a lot of people. Can someone give me some ideas of how their surgeries have gone? I am so excited. Not nervous at all! I am leaving for vacation in 26 days, to the Outer Banks, NC - and my family will be eating healthy on vacation as well as will I, so that is not a concern at all, it is just the weigh in for April 6th that concerns me! Thanks for all of your support! "See ya on the thinner side"
Doug George
on 3/26/06 12:06 pm - North Providence, RI
Hi Sandi, When I had to lose 20lbs before my last weigh in, I had a 1/2 cup of soup and 1/2 sandwich for lunch and supper. I had 1 month to lose the weight and I lost a total of 32lbs. Just dont go crazy trying to lose the weight. Good luck and have a great vacation. Doug
ellie72
on 3/28/06 2:04 am - hull, MA
I had to do 2 weeks of a liquid diet before surgery. If you do that maybe consider trying some shakes for the 10 days. And have a light dinner to go along with it. You should easily lose 10 lbs.
sandisoh
on 4/6/06 10:23 am - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Thank you both! I weighed in today and lost 7 lbs and she said that was fine and I will be getting a phone call from the surgeons office soon to set up the surgeon appt... I am so excited. AND I am leaving for vacation in 15 days! yahoooooooo. Ok - Well - I am off for now, but I will keep ya all posted, and you do the same
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views