Tufts 10K for Women in October

emme819
on 3/15/06 9:31 am - Worcester, MA
When I decided to have this surgery, the only goal I set for myself was to run and finish the Tufts 10K for Women in October, 2006. I started running 2 weeks ago and can run 2 miles without stopping, even though I'm a painfully slow runner (4.3mph so far). Has anyone here run this race before? Anyone else interested in running? I think it would be so amazing to have a bunch of WLS patients running! I have bad knees that hate running, but I'm committed to doing this one race. Anyone else? Mary Ellen
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/06 3:06 pm - Yakima, WA
I'm not a runner, but 'ran' across your post lol...and had to cheer you on. How cool! 4.3 mph is EXCELLENT! How fast could you run preop? Shoot I'm impressed! Go get em!
emme819
on 3/17/06 8:00 am - Worcester, MA
Thanks, Tooter! I'm a lousy runner, but I'm working on it. Before surgery I couldn't have run across the living room, but in high school and college I was a jock and used to have to run alot for various sports. I was still 200lbs even back then, but I could run about 5 miles. Go figure. Fit but fat, I guess that's how I was and will always likely be. Thanks for the support. Mary Ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views