anorexia

jc1923t
on 3/14/06 8:43 am - Uxbridge, MA
Has anyone experienced having anorexia after Open Bypass surgery? I am at that stage now and I am looking for someone to help me understand how this could have happened.... I am down to 100 lbs and shrinking..... my surgeon is furious, my sisters are besides themselves..... Please let me know if any of you out there have experienced the same issues or similar issues as me... I look in a mirror and I don't see a thin woman.... I still see myself at 230... :o(
SusanD
on 3/15/06 7:20 am - Mansfield, MA
Hi Kathleen, I've seen two different women in my doctors office that have become anorexic looking. I don't know their situation. It could be medical related. However, I so recommend therapy. You know they don't fix our minds. That is what got most of us overweight in the first place. Your issues are still revolving around food. It is just now withholding food from yourself. If you did the surgery for your health, then you are just destroying your health in another way. If you don't eat your muscles get eaten away. Do you realize that your heart is a muscle? Please get some sort of counselling. I've been in an eating disorder clinic before. You can't do this alone. Best of luck, Susan
SteffieBear15
on 3/15/06 8:48 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hi Kathleen... please get help. This is as dangerous (if not more so acutely speaking) as being morbidly obese. You have severe body dysmorphic disorder. Please seek out a psychiatrist asap.... your life is in danger!
sandisoh
on 3/30/06 11:41 am - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Hi. I am actually saying hello because i live in Whitinsville and I am looking for LOCALS to keep in touch with. I should be having my surgery in Late May or Late June, not sure yet. I will talk more later, *sandi *
donovaro
on 3/20/06 12:43 pm - Lynn, MA
Hi Kathleen, I know what you mean. I never thought I would be concerned for having lost "too much weight." In Feb 2002, at 375 pounds and 5'3" tall, I had RNY-open surgery. I am now at 125#s ~ down about 20 more than everyone wants to see me. I would suggest seeing a therapist and working on your image of still seeing the 230 pound woman before you. No one can change our make-up and a life-time of issues... we have to seek out and work on those things ourselves. I was told by a nutritionist when I was 375 pounds that I was "anorexic." I laughed... I obviously did not understand the word, nor the implications... Interestingly... I find myself being defensive about my weight... not much different behavior than 250 pounds ago. I stopped the losing by eating high calorie junk and candy... I stopped losing, so I was maintaining my weight for a while by doing this. I've been working with my program nutritionist and therapist on eating higher calorie, but nutritious foods. Have I got all the answers? No, but I can reach out and tell you that I understand and you are not alone. @nnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views