lap band on 2/17 and already eating feel horrible

fmaribeth
on 2/27/06 7:58 am - chicopee, MA
hi all, I had my lap band on 2/17 and a week later i started eating i can't do the protein shakes they all make me gag and that is the worst feeling. i was feeling week with just crystal light and the chewable vitamins. today i was so hungry i had a piece of steak. what should i do for protein????
yenny9475
on 2/27/06 9:21 am - Hyde Park, MA
HANG IN THERE! I was banded on the 6th, and I KNOW how it feels to have that hunger back again - HATE IT! I am not too keen on some of the protein shakes/mixes that are out there. Stuff from GNC just wasn't cutting it for me. I suggest www.ishophere.biz. They have some GREAT, easy, borderline enjoyable shakes. I love the ones that come premixed in a bottle, and all you need to add is water. The hot cocoa is delicious, too, and they are all 15g of protein - 3 drinks, and you're golden!! I wish you luck, and let me know what you think, and how your progress goes. Good luck!!! Jen
Kim S.
on 3/3/06 12:45 pm - North of Boston, MA
Check with your surgeon but at 2+ weeks post-op you should be able to move on to mushies, whi*****lude canned tuna (and other canned meats) and lots of stuff softened in the blender. I had things made with hamburger at this point too but not everyone tolerates beef... I also queried my doctor pretty specifically and I was allowed to have more "normal" food as long as it didn't cause me to vomit, which was to be avoided !! So, I slowly reintroduced steak/chicken/pork, etc. in small servings and making sure it wasn't going to cause me a problem (it didn't). Hang in there! Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views