Im home!

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/06 10:51 am - Memphis by way of Boston!, TN
I had surgery on Tuesday the 21st and was released from the hospital on Thursady afternoon. The major pain I had was from the JP drain and when they stripped the tubing to pass a blood clot, I thought I was going to jump out of my own skin!! Even removing the drain was awful. Once it was out though, I felt 300% better!! Things I think, are going well. Im unsure of what to eat and when. Im so afraid of eating too much, or too little, or of the wrong things! Im approaching this with nervous anticipation and it is very exciting! Hubby keeps telling me to stay off the scale but when I last sneaked on, I was down 8 pounds already!!! Add that, to my pre-op loss and Im down almost 20 pounds!!!! OMG that makes me just giddy!!
Carolyn L.
on 2/26/06 5:28 am - Northborough, MA
Congratulations! As a pre-op I have no advice but I wanted to send along my best wishes to you. Be well. Carolyn
yenny9475
on 2/26/06 10:30 am - Hyde Park, MA
Welcome home, sunshine! You are going to be skinny in no time!! Woo Hoo!!!! Jen
SherryW
on 2/26/06 10:38 am
Hey Michelle, Home is more comfy than the hospital for sure. Glad you're home and things are going well. Keep listening to your own body and follow your docs rules. You'll know how much you can and cannot eat and what to eat with those rules. congrats on the weight loss YOU GO GIRL! SherryW
Claudined
on 2/27/06 6:37 am - Malden, MA
Congrats Michelle! I had surgery the same day, I came home on Friday. I keep reading and re-reading the diet my nutritionist gave me and don't put anything in my mouth that is not listed for stage 1. A little neurotic I know, but I want to do everything right to avoid any complications or un-necessary sicknes. I keep getting on the scale too. It is very exciting to watch the numbers go down each day! Good luck! Claudine
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/06 7:02 am - Memphis by way of Boston!, TN
So Claudine are you saying you went home a Stage 1 diet?? I thought that was just sips of water. Surely you are on more than that by now? Im on Stage 3 and when its over (hopefully at my 3 week follow up) I could care less if I never have anything on it again!! Well except for the Edys Suger Free Fruit pops!! My GOD I love these! They taste great, make me feel like Im actually eating something and at the same time give me nearly 2 oz of liquid! I think they are like 30 calories each and there are some natural sugars but very little and it hasnt bothered me at all! This morning I was down 13 pounds and that was since surgery morning. So in SIX days I have lost that much!!!!!!!! Im telling you I am truly beside myself right now!! Good luck to you!
Peridot
on 2/28/06 7:30 am - Somerville, MA
Claudine! I'm so glad you posted. Stephanie and I were wondering about you and were concerned when you hadn't posted. When did you get home? Today is my 4 week anniversary and I feel great. I'm eating everything including pizza without any problems. Once you get that 4th week menu, the work opens up. I came home after two days in the hospital to eating soft solids including cottage cheese. Dr. Randall released me on Thursday and told me to start it. I thought I would have a problem but it went down fine along with crackers. Peridot
Claudined
on 3/1/06 9:55 am - Malden, MA
Hi Peridot! I came home on Friday, was pretty tired so i wasn't signing on. I feel great now. My only complaint is difficulty sleeping. Anyone else have that? Dr. Randall says it's the Keytones being produced by loosing weight. I'm on stage 2 now, started with cottage cheese which went fine. I'm able to take in more water everyday. I still have to remind myself to take small sips. Sounds like you are doing well...You ate Pizza! That was one of the foods I didn't eat before surgery and was sad because I didn't think I could ever have it again. How did you handle the crust? no problems huh? Good for you. I had some discomfort in the hospital, I wasn't taking in much of the liquids (only ice chips****il Friday. It felt like nothing in my digestive system was working so liquids just sat there. Doc sent me for a swallow study just to be sure things were ok, and they were. And things started moving along too which helped my intake. So now, I feel great! glad to hear from you-keep me posted! C-
Cindy M.
on 2/28/06 2:46 am - Sterling, MA
Congratulations.............I also had my surgery on the 21st but didn't get home until last night. I had to go back into surgery on Wednesday, as my bowl was perferated. I spent 3 days in in intensive care and was very happy to go home and take a shower. All the hospital stall was wonderful and they had only started me on stage 3 yesterday afternoon. So far today I have done well. The doctor said not to worry about getting all of the protein in for the next couple of days. I sure can feel when I have had enough and do keep crystal light with me at all times. Just following my body and down 18 lbs. so far.........
(deactivated member)
on 2/28/06 6:47 am - Memphis by way of Boston!, TN
OMG you poor thing! I thankfully was home in 2 days and had no issues. I havent been hungry, although food smells good to me! My family had steak, smashed cauliflower and biscuits tonight for supper. It made me a little sad to nto be involved in eating it with them (even though I cooked it). I sat with them and drank a tomato juice instead. I did chew a few pieces of meat snd then spit them out for my dog!!!! Hey, at least I got to taste it and I didnt have to worry about my mini dachshund choking on it!!!! Down 14 pounds in a week and 25 down from my initial consult!!! YAY!! Cindy....I truly hope you get well speedy quick!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views