pre-op resources needed

JCP_LSW
on 2/24/06 5:10 am - Springfield, MA
Hi. I am a hospital social worker. I have a pre-operative client interested in bariatric rehab programs for people not yet able to undergo surgery. He does not need to be in a hospital bed, he needs to be somewhere with programs made to help people get ready for surgery. Can anyone give me suggestions for resources available in Massachusetts? Thanks!
Monica B.
on 2/24/06 10:10 pm - Emery, SD
Your patient needs to go see the Mercy Medical Center Comprehensive Weight Management Program providers. This group of professionals, doctor, PA, nutritionist, nurses are there to help people lose weight, with or without surgical intervention. This group is so very very special and are so well yes Comprehensive. Great resources are at their fingertips. Such compassion and understanding for obese people and the true struggles associated with being obese. These professionals help me daily to be the super success I am today. I had the surgery at age 57 and they all felt that the surgery was my option cause I had tried for over 30 years to lose weight and could never maintain my loss. Please call them and tell them that Monica Bond recommended them to you and your patient. Dr.Chris Keroack is wonderful. The number is 1-413-748-6910. Monica Bond 330/207/16? healthier, happier, sexier, so thankful -123 lb 12/06/04
~*Ellen H.
on 2/25/06 4:26 am - Western, MA
I completly agree with Monica, Mercy has the best program in Western Mass in my opinion. I have never met a group of more supportive people who truly understand and care abotu their patients. They have a support group that meets twice a month for people who are waiting for surgery or who have already had it. They even have a spanish speaking support group! This may be something that would help your client, I know it helped me. Best of luck to your client! Ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views