Avon 2 day walk for Breast Cancer

KooKooKeri
on 2/17/06 3:45 am - Reseda, CA
Hello fellow OHers... Just visiting from the California boards... I came to invite you guys to join in on the Avon 2 day walk for breast cancer. It is May 20-21. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION - I'm not selling anything!! I am inviting you guys to join me - I did the walk last year in LA...and this year, I am doing the walk in all 8 cities. For those of you not familiar - it is a 2 day walk - a marathon and a half (saturday=26.2, sunday, 13.1)... Two years ago, i was severely MO. I am still overweight...but doing this walk, the training, etc. changed my life. I am part of a team - and we have walkers registered in 7 of the 8 cities...and you guessed it - we have no Boston walkers on our team! Our corporate sponsor will help you with meeting your fundraising goal (they will kick in more than half of the $$)...I am part of the Starbucks Friends team! If you want more info about the walk and my team (we raised over $110,000 last year alone!)...go to www.avonminiwalk.org or you can email me at [email protected] I am an active member on the Cali boards, you can even check me out - my name is Keri (also known as Koo Koo Keri on that board ;) ). It is an unbelievable event and a cause that affects SO many of us. Did you know that a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer EVERY 3 MINUTES. This walk is a great way, also, to kick in and get in some exercise. I joined in on the walk last March. (LA walk is in September) And prior to that, even though I was 9 months post-op, I still hadn't done a stitch of exercise. I know, bad bad...but, I got myself moving. At first, i could BARELY do the first training walk - which was 3 only 3 miles! Now? Now I am doing the 39.3 mile walk in ALL 8 cities. I also ran in my first marathon (yes, marathon!) in December, my first half marathon in February...and am gearing up to do the LA marathon. By the way, I did the marathon thru a training program called www.aidsmarathon.com and raised $ for that cause, too. And guess what - - they have trainings in Boston, too. I won't try to sell you on that - but I must say - running my first marathon - Honolulu...was amazing, too! But one step at a time...it truly is ONE STEP AT A TIME. BTW, you don't need to commit to walk all 39.3 miles. You can walk 13.1 miles, you can walk 1 mile...or anything in between!! Please, think about it - AND DONT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU CAN'T DO IT - BECAUSE TRUST ME - - IF I CAN DO IT - ANYONE CAN!! email me or post back here....i can help you!! xoxo to all of us, ~Keri
lmt516
on 2/18/06 10:18 pm - Brant Rock, MA
Keri - I really wanted to do this but just can't take the chance I won't raise the 1800.00 they ask for. I definitely can't afford to make up any difference right now. I wish they would lower that requirement to a more reasonable amount. But have a great walk.
KooKooKeri
on 2/19/06 3:36 am - Reseda, CA
Lisa - - I just emailed you - - but wanted to respond here so that other people can see - - if you join the team - you will NOT be alone to raise the funds! Starbucks is our corporate sponsor - - and trust me - - you will raise the funds if you are commited to it!! check out our team site: www.avonminiwalk.org - - last year, we raised over $108,000 !! Be a part of that!! The fundraising will be the least of your worries!!! Also - you are out NO $$ (well, the $55 registration fee - but you do get a T shirt and LOTS of support, too)...but if for some ODD reason, you can't raise the money, you lost NO $$. But, you will probably have trained hard for it and gained so much!! Be well...and keep walkin', Keri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views