2/17 surgery date and i still have not started my diet.

fmaribeth
on 2/15/06 4:25 am - chicopee, MA
My Doctor never instructed me to go on a pre-op diet.the only request he made was that i do not eat anything after midnight on the day prior to surgery. I have been doing some research and most places require a week or 2 of diet before the surgery. Has anyone had the surgery without dieting and if so how did it go? I also want to thank you guys for advice on protein shakes and all the support i have been getting.
txbunny930
on 2/15/06 5:47 am - MA
From everything I've been told, you would only be asked to diet if you are above a certain weight so that there is easier access during the surgery.
Claudined
on 2/15/06 7:57 am - Malden, MA
I wasn't told to diet either. I'm scheduled for 2/21, saw the doctor today and all is ready for surgery.
txbunny930
on 2/16/06 12:00 am - MA
Dr. Randall is excellent and you are in great hands with him. I'll be waving to you from the pre-op side in March. You won't be making the Feb meeting. I'll be on the post op side soon. Lorraine
ilostit
on 2/16/06 7:16 am - MA
HI Marybeth, I did not have to diet either, I also couldn't eat the night before. Who is your Dr. I had Dr. Haag. Well good luck tommorrow Harriet
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views