United Healthcare

KMMango
on 2/3/06 1:07 am - Everett, MA
Anyone have any experiences in Boston with United Healthcare?
Cindy M.
on 2/3/06 7:48 pm - Sterling, MA
I have United Healthcare. I am having my surgery in Worcester and after the doctor submitted the paperwork, I was approved in 8 days. No problem at all.
KMMango
on 2/6/06 5:45 am - Everett, MA
Hi Cindy; Can you tell me what the reasons were your doctor put down for you needing the surgery? United says it needs to be medically necessary. I have a BMI of 51 so that alone should be medically necessary. I want this so bad. I need to get my life back and am just so anxious. I've only had my first visit with the Weight Center at Mass General. I have my second visit next week at which time I'll hopefully get an appointment with the surgeon and then they will submit for approval from United. Good Luck to you. This is such a huge step for the better. - Kim
Cindy M.
on 2/6/06 1:06 am - Sterling, MA
Not sure what or who gave you the information, but I didn't have any problem. I am having more problems at work with the OC nurse than I did with the insurance company. They sent me a letter and I got it on Saturday, called the doctors office on Monday morning and had the surgery scheduled by Tuesday afternoon.
SusanD
on 2/7/06 9:32 pm - Mansfield, MA
Hi Kim, just letting you know that I too have United Healthcare through my husband's work. I was approved fairly quickly as well. My BMI is 58 and the only other health problem is sleep apnea. I have my surgery Monday the 13th. Susan
lillydawg
on 2/26/06 1:21 pm - Mendon, MA
Geez...my employer is switching to UHC in April and they have a written exclusion policy for ANYTHING dealing with obesity "including morbid obesity"!! How do I get around that?!?!?!
lazeydazey
on 2/10/06 12:51 pm - Sharon, MA
Hi, I had Harvard Pilgrim and they were the best, They covered everything in full all $45,200.00 of surgery. Lisa J
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views