Baystate!

robbie33
on 2/2/06 8:20 pm - Western, MA
Hi, I have a consult at Baystate Medical Center with Dr. Foello March 1st. to discuss the lapband. I have to drive about an hour away but it is worth it. Has anyone else had their band put on by him at this hospital? If so, what was your experience. I have a doctor much closer but he doesn't have much experience in lapbands plus he charges a $750.00 program fee which insurance doesn't pay. Thanks! Robbie33
ilostit
on 2/3/06 5:16 am - MA
Hi Robbie, I had my surgery with Dr. Haag ( in Dr. Fialo's office) I was very pleased. I run the support group and have heard NO complaints about Dr. Fialo. Hope this helps HArriet Good Luck on your visit
Monica B.
on 2/3/06 5:26 am - Emery, SD
I had Dr. Faillo do my surgery, but mine was a gastric bypass. I did not know that Dr.Faillo did the lap band. I know that one of his partners Dr.Hagg did the lap band. I can tell you that Dr. Faillo is a fantastic surgeon, I kissed his hands after my surgery, I could not believe how fine I felt, that there was such a small amount of pain. He is focused on you when you are with him. He listens and explains. He wants you and your family to ask questions. He educates. His staff is also very good. Cheryl knows what has to be done to get approval. I would suggest strongly that you ask him about the Mercy Medical Comprehensive weight loss program. Check it out. Call me or contact me. Monica
TAVERNIA
on 2/3/06 9:46 am - EAST OTIS, MA
Hi robbie33: I am enrolled with Dr. Haag and received my date today for lapband!!!! March 3rd!!!! They are great at foello and haag's office. I was approved in less then a week once all my paper work was done. Good luck !!! From start to surgery date will be 3 1/2 months only for me!!!! Hope all goes well for you. Tammy
Monica B.
on 2/5/06 6:53 am - Emery, SD
Hey Tammy, I spent 20 years in Otis, living on route 8 and in East Otis. If you have any questions call me. I am happy to share my experiences with you. Good luck Monica Bond 330/208/160 hopefully
TAVERNIA
on 2/5/06 9:36 am - EAST OTIS, MA
Hey monica!!! You know me very well I am tammy saloomey!!!!! I will email you right now!!! Talk soon tammy
AmyM
on 2/5/06 5:37 pm - Easthampton, MA
Hello, my name is Amy and I am going through Pioneer Valley also, but I have Dr Haag. I have only been there once and they do seem really nice. I was supposed to have Dr Fiallo but our hours did not match well so I got Dr Haag, I researched them both and they both have great track records. Good luck and feel free to email me for support, I really do not know anyone who is going through this lap-band except for me!
nancyMA
on 2/13/06 6:03 am - granby, MA
Hi Robbie, Well it looks like you have had a change of heart since your last posting. It seems to me that 1 hour travel is definately worth the 750.00 you will save on the program fees. Just think of how much money you saved, and how you can later spend that money on a NEW wardrobe! I had the surgery on 1/20 with that group. I answered your last post regarding hmo blue of NE and BMI of 40. I gave the info regarding other options at Baystate. I'm glad you are taking the first step toward a healthy life. Good luck. nancy
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/06 11:33 am - None, MN
Dr. Fiallo did my mothers hernia surgerys 2 times. If I do get the lap band it will be by him. She highly recommends this surgeon. She also said when she was being put down she kept commenting on how cute he was to the nurses. She made the poor man blush. lol my mom is crazy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views