Stuck in Pre Op Side of Dr. Randall's Monthly Support Group

txbunny930
on 1/30/06 11:26 pm - MA
I have been going to Dr. Randall's support group since August and it seems I'll never get on the post op side. He's just so busy that I've been waiting 3 weeks to get my appeal letter from him to submit everything. I emailed him 2 weeks ago and he told me it'd get done and there would be no problems. He's the best and I've just got to be patient but it's making me crazy. I just called his office and Kate still does not know if he's dictated the letter or not. He's in surgery and she'll ask him this afternoon. Everyone I've been seeing and talking too are now on the post side and I get to wave to them..... lol Has anyone had this problem? Am I just being a nut here? He's the best and the only surgeon I'll let do this. Thanks for listening. Lorraine
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/06 10:18 am - Arlington, MA
Just be patient lorraine. I thought the process was taking forever but Dr Randal truly is on top of everything he needs to be and there must be a reason it is taking as long as it it. Just think about it this way you will have a few days, weeks more time to prepare for the rest of your life. see you at the next meeting.
txbunny930
on 1/31/06 1:11 pm - MA
Thanks Michael.... I'm trying to be patient and most days I am. This waiting game is nuts.... lol. I'll be happy when I get a date, even if it's 6 months from now. I was trying to get this done before my son graduated from basic training. Doesn't seem it going to work out that way. I'll wave to you, Steph and Peridot next month when you are all on the other side. If it takes Dr. Randall a little longer to be able to formulate the letter necessary, I'll be happy to wait. BTW - Congrats. How are you coming along? Are you sleeping any better? Lorraine
SteffieBear15
on 1/31/06 10:32 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hi Lorraine .... aka My neighbor... I probably am not going to say anything to make you feel better because I know how frustrating this can be. I just wanted to offer words of support and encouragement. If he is the best then he is worth the wait!!! Keep your chin up in due time you will be a "loser" too!!! 5 months is actually not that long of a wait and the more time you spend preparing for this mentally the better. The time will fly by. Best wishes to you! Hugs, Stef
txbunny930
on 1/31/06 1:18 pm - MA
Thank you for the support and encouragement. It's most appreciated. I started this journey in June but didn't start attending the meetings until August. I really love our meetings and to see how supportive everyone is to each other. I do take advantage of the time and educate myself more and more here on OH. Knowing what to expect to become healthy has been an eye opener. This is so much different then what I first thought it would be and glad I've had this time. My PCP has been trying to convenience me to have this surgery for years. I'm glad I finally listened to her and let her refer me to Dr. Randall. Again, thank you. Hugs, Lorraine
Peridot
on 2/3/06 5:22 am - Somerville, MA
Hey, I'm on the other side now! Dr. Randall is worth waiting for. Just keep calling the office. I had my surgery on Tuesday morning and came home Thursday afternoon. Peridot
Claudined
on 2/7/06 2:39 am - Malden, MA
Congrats! Only 2 days in the hospital? That's great. I'm scheduled for my RouxN Y 2 weeks from today with Dr. Randall. Please tell me all about your first few days after surgery, I'm nervous, but so excited!
Peridot
on 2/7/06 3:58 am - Somerville, MA
Claudine, I woke up from surgery about 1 pm. I then remember waking up at 3. My family came in at 6 and I was in and out of it for about an hour with them. To be expected though. The next day I got out of bed twice; both times to walk the hall. I used the Morphine only a little as I really didn't think I needed it. I got other drugs as well though. Thursday morning I got the catheter out and then walked the entire floor four times. Not all at once though! I then took a shower and felt wonderful. Dr. Randal came in and asked if I wanted to go home and I said sure! The first night at home I slept 13 hours straight. Remember that you'll get no sleep in the hospital. I've been sleeping in my own bed every night. I have a friend who had RNY and she said she had to sleep in a recliner for the first month. People are different. Every day I feel a little better. I started walking on Saturday for 15 minutes. Sunday I walked 15 minutes three times during the day. Every day I walk out side. I even went to Kohl's on Sunday! By myself! Tomorrow I'm getting my roots done and Thursday a manicure and pedicure. Peridot
txbunny930
on 2/7/06 11:46 am - MA
Hi Peridot: Wow, you are doing awesome. This is such great news. How are you doing with your shakes and introduction to solids? I can't wait to see you at the next meeting. Keep us informed as to how you're doing. Dr. Randall has my letter done and the appeal is in the works now. So it won't be long for me to be on the other side with you. God Bless. Lorraine
Peridot
on 2/7/06 11:29 pm - Somerville, MA
Lorraine, I saw Dr. Randall yesterday. I lost 12 lbs although I was sure I didn't loose any! He said I could start more soft solids; shrimp, scrambled eggs, etc. I don't like the shakes as they make me feel too full, even if I drink only 1 oz. I'm eating the Dannon Light and Fit Carb and Sugar Control aeridotnd I can barely finish that. Yes, I'll be at the next meeting! Peridot
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views