Anyone have Tufts Navigator GIC insurance?

~ Stylz ~
on 1/28/06 9:04 am - North of Boston, MA
I have Tufts Navigator GIC (Group Insurance Commission) which is a state plan because I'm a state employee. I think it mostly falls under Tufts Navigator's regular plan, but I was curious if other people have been approved or denied with this plan. thanks for the info
coakley
on 1/28/06 2:05 pm - southampton, MA
HI, I'm also a Mass. state employee and have Tufts Navigator. There was no problem at all in having the surgery approved. In fact, it happened very quickly after it was submitted.
tmaranda
on 1/30/06 9:30 pm - Lowell, MA
I also have tufts navigator and my surgury was approved within 2 days of all the paperwork being submitted
lmt516
on 1/31/06 10:54 am - Brant Rock, MA
Same here - state employee. I was aproved so fast they actually called me when an opening popped up from a cancellation. My date was moved up 2 months.
~ Stylz ~
on 2/1/06 12:30 am - North of Boston, MA
thanks for your posts! I'm so excited about this, I've completed my tests, support group meetings, nutrition meeting, met with the cardiologist on monday he said everything looks great other than my TSH being a little high (changed my dose of levoxyl) and i have a couple small gallstones. He told me to talk to the Dr. about taking them out during bypass surgery. He said he was sending a letter to the surgeon saying my health is fine, feel free to schedule surgery at any time! WOW that was a weight off my shoulders. I don't feel like theres anything wrong with me, but you never know what all those tests can find!! I meet with the nutritionist today and the Surgeon on Friday and hope to schedule surgery the last week of May or the first week in June.
vavouna
on 1/17/07 12:56 am - revere, MA
Hi....I work for the state too and have just started my journey with wls. I'm curious to see how your journey went. did you have the surgery yet? I am so excited about getting a date. I am hearing that Tufts Navigator will no longer offer this coverage until members do a year long phone in session with them about our eating. Did you hear anything like this? Please let me know how you are doing and what kind of surgery you had. I am interested in the lap band.
~ Stylz ~
on 1/20/07 9:47 am - North of Boston, MA
hi Marie I had gastric bypass surgery March 2006 and have lost 112 lbs in 10 months! Surgery was easy and truthfully almost painless, I feel great, healthier, more active and I get to shop at all kinds of stores (not limited to the avenue and lane bryant)! I haven't heard that they are going to a year long phone session, but it wouldn't surprise me. I was watching a show on Discovery Health tonight and they said over 100,000 people will have bariatric surgery this year in the US alone. Thats a whole lotta insurance coverage!! I'm sure as the years go by, more and more insurance companies will require supervised diets for different periods of time. I went with bypass because I'm a sweet eater and need to "dump" if I try to eat it. Unfortunately I dont have self control for lap band. With the band you can eat virtually everything, but with bypass if you eat too much fried food, sweets, carbs you don't feel the greatest (1 in 6 people dump). The benefit of banding is you don't malabsorb because you're not bypassing your small intestine. Something intersting I found out about banding... 99.1% of people who have the band remove gain the weight back. I was shocked to hear that!! Either surgery is a life altering change you'll carry with you for the rest of your life so take your time making the decision. good luck with everything, if you have more questions, dont hesitate to as!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views