Dr. Randall's meeting last Thursday night

Peridot
on 1/28/06 6:23 am - Somerville, MA
It was wonderful meeting so many OH'ers last Thursday night at Lawrence General Hospital! Peridot
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/06 7:33 am - Arlington, MA
I miseed the meeting because I had my surgery on Wednesday. Dr. Randall said he mentioned me in the meeting as I had them take out my catheda on the second day. I am home now and already on the loosing side!
Peridot
on 1/28/06 11:56 am - Somerville, MA
Good for you Michael! How long were you in LMH? I'm scheduled for this Tuesday, his first surgery in the morning. Peridot
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/06 12:03 pm - Arlington, MA
I was the early surgery on Wednesday and sent home Saturday. The most important thing is getting right up out of bed even though you will fell like you can't do it. You can. It hurt really bad the first 2 days. Its getting better though. I am home today and was able to take in all of my liquids and will be moving into some soft solids either tomorrow or monday. Dr Randall said if I get into the soft solids next week I can go see him next week. In my personal opinion don't have your family waste any time off to visit much in the hospital. I was pretty out of it for the few days I was in there.
Peridot
on 1/28/06 8:47 pm - Somerville, MA
Good point on the family. I told my husband not to come in with the boys because I probably wouldn't feel like company (plus we are supposed to get snow on Tuesday). How are you sleeping? I know it's tough at first.
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/06 9:23 pm - Arlington, MA
Last night I slept almost through the whole night in the recliner. Hopefully this trend continues. I will try to not sleep alot during the day. I also had my first bm this morning which went well and I was able to wipe myself. I was very happy with that. I am doing well with my liquids as well. I am making shakes with 8 oz 1% milk, carnation instant breakfast(no sugar added) 1 full scoop of whey protein and a 4oz no sugar pudding. You need to mix this really well and let it set in the fridge for a bit. It completely hides the nasty protein taste. This adds up to 12 oz and I am doing 6 oz of this every other hour. Each 12oz shake ends up being 34grams of protein. This means I am getting in 136grams of protein perday. I know that is alot but i dont want to lose any hair.
txbunny930
on 1/30/06 9:08 am - MA
Yes, Dr. Randall mentioned you taking out your cath on the second day. I've had 4 abdominal surgeries and have had them take out mine the second day as well. I know it means you have to get up to use the toilet but it gets you up. I was wondering what the difference between adbominal surgery and RNY surgery would feel like concerning pain when first getting up. The first time I remembered my leg**** the floor and I didn't think I could stand. After that, it was easier. I can't wait to see you next meeting on the post-op side. Make sure to share your experience. Congrats! Lorraine
Peridot
on 1/30/06 8:06 am - Somerville, MA
Michael, How are you feeling today? My surgery is 7:30 in the morning. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Peridot
txbunny930
on 1/30/06 9:00 am - MA
It was wonderful meeting a few of the woman I have been emailing. I saw your name and was going to say hello. I'm glad I got to meet you Thursday night. Will be there next month still on the "waiting" side but it's very encouraging to keep going. I figure a few more months on the pre-op side and Dr. Randall will kick start me to the post-op..... lol Just awaiting his letter for my appeal and we're golden. Now I know why my PCP referred me to Dr. Randall. I would not have this surgery with any other surgeon. When is your surgery date? Lorraine
Peridot
on 2/4/06 3:30 am - Somerville, MA
Lorraine, My surgery was last Tuesday, the 31st. I came home on Thursday. I'll be at the meeting next month, too. Give me a shout out! Peridot
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views