MGH Boston Experiences anyone?

LilyGirl06
on 1/26/06 3:37 am - Boston, MA
Apologies if this is out there somewhere: I'm new to this board so maybe there's a search feature that I just haven't been able to find! Because my PCP is at MGH, that's obviously where she referred me. It wasn't until I got on here that I realized all the other locations/options available. I have my consultation appointment (psychologist, surgeon, nutritionist) next week at MGH in Boston. Does anyone have any experiences, positive or negative, that they can share with me? Thank you!
Karen Jean
on 1/26/06 9:15 am - Charlestown, MA
My PCP is also at MGH, and I had my surgery there. I invite you to read my profile, but in addition, I cannot say enough good things about this program. Please feel free to email me if you have specific questions.
Karen Jean
on 1/26/06 9:16 am - Charlestown, MA
Also, just to add, you probably won't meet with the surgeon next week (you get to pick a surgeon, of the four that operate out of MGH), but you will meet with a doctor who works with your primary care physician.
chinamomma
on 1/30/06 7:42 am - Norton, MA
Lily - I had my surgery at MGH just 4 weeks ago (January 3rd). I had Janey Pratt as my surgeon and she was amazing! The care while I was inpatient was wonderful - and I dreaded the hospital stay as I haven't had surgery since my tonsils at the age of 6. I can honestly say my pain was well managed (the only time I was uncomfortable was getting in and out of bed - when using my stomach muscles). If you have any specific questions I can help answer for you, please let me know. Good luck! Eileen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views