I went to my PCP physicia...

pmorton
on 1/23/06 10:36 pm - Bridgewater, MA
I went to my PCP physician yesterday to talk about blood pressure and my weight. I'm now on bp med. and he is referring me to Beth Israel Deaconess for a weight loss surgery consult. How long does it usually take from referral to surgery? I've read the reviews of Beth Israel, but does anyone have more current experience?Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
txbunny930
on 1/23/06 11:21 pm - MA
You need to check with your insurance company and have them fax you their requirements for WLS as each is different. For the most part it takes an average of 3 to 6 months. Some longer, some shorter. So there is not an exact time frame. I hope this helps some. Lorraine
lgarrod99
on 1/29/06 9:27 am - brockton, MA
HI Paula, Hey you live close I live in Brockton. I had Surgery on 1/9/06 at Beth Isreal, I can not say enough good things about it. My Surgeon was Dr. Benjamin Schneider, he is very well informed and very down to earth as far as answering any questions. Beth Isreal just opened a recovery floor (9th floor) for Baritric patients, I was the 5th patient on the floor. The care from everyone in the hospital was outstanding. If you have any questions you can email me and I'll be glad to answer anything I can. But if you are going to have the surgery Beth Isreal is the best place to go. You can go on to my profile by clicking on my name at the top if you want to read about my experience. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views