Experience with Harvard Pilgrim? Good or bad??

Papapito
on 1/23/06 2:50 pm - New England, MA
Hello all! I just picked up Harvard Pilgrim and they are being very evasive about revealing their requirements for GB surgery. My surgery date is Apr 11 and my surgeon at MGH will be submitting the initial request (?) to the insurance on Feb 6th. (or shortly thereafter) Has anyone had any experience with Harvard Pilgrim they would like to share? I am just curious as to how large a fight I am in for. Thanks a bunch! L
MLONG
on 1/23/06 8:19 pm - Wales , MA
They are the greatest aproved in 24 hours also aproved TT in 2 weeks You should have no problem at all email me if you would like I was a size 26 May 11, 2004 now size 0/2 Maryann
Caeli B.
on 1/24/06 1:02 am - Boston, MA
HP is awesome!!! They approved my lap band less than 48 hours after the paperwork was submitted. Caeli
emme819
on 1/24/06 7:52 am - Worcester, MA
I called them before my surgery, too, and asked what their criteria are for WLS and all they said was it had to be medically necessary. I was approved the day they got my paperwork! I have had them for over 15 years now and have never been denied for anything. I think they are a fabulous company! Good luck! Mary Ellen
Claudined
on 1/27/06 10:54 am - Malden, MA
Hi, I have HPHC, when I called they would only say that they were covered if medically necessary, and on an individual basis. But they approved me in 2 days. No problem at all. They are great, I didn't have to call them at all, the MD office did the whole thing. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views