WLS support groups besides ours in the Southern New England and CT area

Kellie Armstrong
on 1/23/06 3:50 am - Providence, RI
Hello All: I am Kellie Armstrong, RN. I am the Bariatric Pre Op Instructor at Rhode Island Hospital. I am looking for other WLS support groups besides ours in the Southern New England and CT area. We would like the names of the groups and the places and times that they meet. We would like to be able to give this information out at our pre op teaching as well as at our support groups. Please feel free to reply here or at my other email address of [email protected]. In the subject heading please list SUPPORT GROUP INFO. Thank you in advance for any and all information
Monica B.
on 1/23/06 4:18 am - Emery, SD
Hi Kelly. I am Monica Bond and I am a successful WLS story. I had my surgery at Mercy Medical Center in Springfield, MA on 12/06/04. I started out at 330 lbs and now weigh 208 lbs. Hurrah for me and all the others who have decided to take back their lives and have this surgery. I am very fortunate to have been referred by my surgeon, Dr.Faillo of the Pioneer Valley Surgical group to see the Comprehensive Weight Management Program providers at Mercy hospital. These wonderful professional guided my through the process and helped to insure that Monica would be successful. There are various support groups which meet in the day and in the evening, created within this organization. Please feel free to contact Maggie the nurse or Anne the nutritionist at 413-748-6910. Tell them Monica sent you. This entire program is just wonderful, compassionate, understanding, focused, and geared to an individual to have a successful journey. Dr.Christopher Keroack, MD is the medical director of the group and Mercy Medical Center is really involved with the process. There is a special group of rooms for the Bariatric patient with great nurses who have are trained in what the patient goes through. My hospital stay was terrific and I learned a lot from the nursing staff and the entire staff from the weight loss program came to visit everyday to insure my success. Monica 330/208/16? 12/06/04 healthier, happier, sexier, thankful
Michey1972
on 1/23/06 10:06 am - West Springfield, MA
Hi Kellie, I am a nurse also , in mid way of my journey to WLS. I attended Baystate Medical's support groups. They have a woman's group that meets in the first week of Febuary. I would be happy to give that information to you . But I really don't feel like typing it all here. Just that they offer so many . I would be happy to copy my schedule and somehow get it to you in the mail. Just let me how. They are 2 hour long meetings. The womans group is wonderful. Please reply. Michelle [email protected]
Kellie Armstrong
on 1/24/06 11:37 pm - Providence, RI
Thank you both for responded to my message. The information will be greatly helpfull. Kellie
Kate Z
on 1/30/06 12:41 am - MA
Hey Kellie, Make your office send you to the Friends of WLS weekend in March (see Posting on Jan 20) I'm sure you can get a load of info from all over New England. Kate Z
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views