Tufts vs Newton Wellesley

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/06 11:37 am - MA
Awesome - a BC grad! I'm a Human Development major at Boston College and I'm graduating in May. Keep us updated on what your decision is and good luck! If you have any questions about the OCC, please don't hesitate to contact me. ~Jen
Carolyn L.
on 1/19/06 9:35 pm - Northborough, MA
Thanks Jen, and good luck in your last year!
SusanD
on 1/22/06 1:28 am - Mansfield, MA
Hi Carolyn, I am like you. I want the best place for me. I will be having surgery 2/13 at N-W. I pulled up reports on both my surgeon and hospital. Both had great records, especially the hospital in regards to their bariatric program. I really wanted a hospital that was familiar with doing the surgery. There have been other hospitals in Boston that have had issues because they weren't familiar with WLS. Good luck in your choice. Susan
Carolyn L.
on 1/22/06 2:06 am - Northborough, MA
I got my husband to look through the info with me and he wants me to go with NW because he liked the background of the surgeons and because it was near his work. Since I'm a stay-at-home mom, getting to appointments before and after will be interesting, but if I go to NW at least some of the time I can drop my twins at his work for a while. Also I guess he knows a few people at work who had wls and they all went to NW. So I guess it's NW!
overtherainbow
on 1/23/06 3:21 am - Somerville, MA
I am a Tufts patient. I had my surgery in 2002 and what I love about Tufts is the after care. I just saw my surgeon in July for my 3 year check up and he knew I was at the support group meetings, and suggested that I start back. When I had a problem with my Iron, I spoke to the Internest at Tufts and he said I was welcomed back anytime and to keep folloiwng up with them. Tufts took care of the entire patient not just the surgery part. Good Luck in your journey Marie
Papapito
on 1/23/06 2:50 pm - New England, MA
Hello! Dr. Shikora at Tufts is THE man. I'm serious.....do a little reading on his numbers, etc. on the web. Thanks! I wish you well.
Carolyn L.
on 1/23/06 8:15 pm - Northborough, MA
Thank you for all your comments. My husband and I have discussed it at length and since we like both the NW & Tufts programs, we decided to go with NW because of the convenience factor. The hospital is near his work and I'll be able to drop my twins off with him before going to meetings. Thank you all!! Carolyn
Karen K.
on 1/25/06 10:48 am - Weymouth, MA
my two cents: I went with Dr. Partridge at NW and I loved the whole program start to finish- you'll be in good hands!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views