Monica's incredible shrinking journey

Monica B.
on 1/13/06 2:53 am - Emery, SD
01/13/06 Monica's incredible shrinking journey into better health, better living, better sex, happiness, and thankfulness. My starting weight was 330 lbs with a BMI of 58.4. I could barely walk a few steps, I was constantly short of breath, I never felt clean after using the toilet, I did not want to be intimate with my spouse, and I felt like Jabba the Hut - the immense slug like creature in Star Wars. I existed, a prisoner in my own body, not really living. I explored this surgical option/tool in 2001. But did not follow through with my efforts since my family was so against the surgery. Finally I could not stand my life anymore. My diabetes was always giving me problems, the year long attempt at weight loss with Weigh****chers was a dismal failure, the gym and personal trainer did not produce results, my blood pressure was up, my thyroid blood tests kept fluctuating, my lipid panel was grossly elevated. I was in a tight size 32/30 for bottoms and tops. I was miserable. One day in May 2004 I made up my mind, called the surgeon, Dr.Faillo, and went home to TELL my family this is it, I am going for the surgery, they could support me or shut up and leave me alone. My surgeon helped me decide on which hospital I would go to and my decision to go to Mercy Medical Center in Springfield and it a totally great and very wonderful. The surgeon referred me to the Mercy Comprehensive Weight Management Program. These professionals embraced me, helped me get the tests and paperwork done so that my 2 insurances concurred with their and the surgeons decisions. To this day these professionals at Mercy Comprehensive Weight Management Program are a part of my life. I can call, ask questions, bring up problems, just chat and all there make me feel cared about, truly cared about. The support is not something one finds in other medical practices. I am invested in them and them in me. Love them all. My surgical birthday was on December 6, 2004. I have lost 120 lbs so far on my WLJ. My BMI is now 38.9, I am only Obese (HA HA). I can walk without my cane; I can breath with deep full breaths; I always feel clean now....what joy to not have to twist and contort myself to clean my ass; I can contort, twist, and get into many various positions during love making; I feel trim, sexy, self confident, and I GLOW. I hope to lose another 40-50 lbs, but as my weight management doctors tell me, I am already a winner, a success. I feel successful for the FIRST TIME IN MY ADULT LIFE...and this is a global feeling for me, not a feeling I have ever had. Sad that even with my 36 year marriage, 3 children, a great medical administration career, and other life accomplishments I can admit that I never felt successful because I was fat, fat, and fatter. I will send in new pictures of me soon. This is a wonderful journey for me. I take my vitamins everyday; I take a little pink pill 3 days a week - B12 (thanks Ruthie and Maryann for this tip); my blood test results are fabulous!!!; my bone density normal; I drink at least 64 oz of water daily; I still have a protein drink daily; I try to exercise on a regular basis, but admit that I am not always doing this. I have learned from my mistakes and the information supplied by the other wonderful members of OFF and ObesityHelp.com. I help my weight management providers with insider information that they pass on to others going through the process. I miss checking in and sharing our lives with the other members, but my life has gotten so hectic right now. We are in the continuing process of cleaning out our home and selling our house. The housing market in Massachusetts in the town of Amherst is ssssllllloooowwww. We have day after day of showings, but none of the houses under $300,000 have sold since October. It is draining to constantly have the house be ready for realtors and clients. But this is what we need to do to sell the house and begin our new RV way of life. Again I ask that you all find the time to keep me in your thoughts and send me much positive energy that this happens sooner than later. I am still so sorry that I could not attend the Atlanta GTG. I wanted to be with the girls and share a wonderful magical time, but I had to very adult and beg out. I will try and be a more active member on the board, sharing my life, giving support and taking genuine interest in the members who check in. I could not have achieved such a wonderful state of weight loss without the people who share in OFF. The love, the caring, the compassion, the kick in the pants, the tips, and the collective soul is real and very important. Love to all. Thanks for listening. Monica.....healthier, happier, and sexier 330/220/1?? 12/06/04 32/30 to 16/18
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/06 6:59 am - haverhill, MA
Congrats on your successes. Good luck with the house.
YVETTE A.
on 1/13/06 8:14 am - SPRINGFIELD, MA
Good for you Monica!!!!!!!!!! Keep-up your cheers . It so nice seeing others with so much happiness since their WLS. It will be nice meeting together down in our Weight Man. Clinic. I invite you to our support group, it's in Spanish but, you are invited to join us when you want to.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views