Dartmouth (NH) vs Newton-Wellesley

lbwlbw
on 1/11/06 12:11 pm - milton, NH
I am in the gathering info stage and am seriously considering having surgery. I have narrowed my choice for facility between Dartmouth and N-W. I am looking for people's impressions, opinions, experiences, etc about the Newton-Wellesley program. Dartmouth's program is pretty rigorous, which I like. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Maisy
on 1/11/06 9:17 pm - MA
I went through Newton-Wellesley. I have to say it was a positive experience from the beginning. I continue to go to meetings there. From the Doctors to the staff at the hospital, I don't have a bad thing to say. It's a great support system that continues after surgery. If you want more specific info, let me know. Maisy
SteffieBear15
on 1/12/06 1:28 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
I am a NWH patient and I love their program. I cannot recommend them enough. The docs are great and they are so accessible and helpful anytime you need them. The office staff and nurses are also very nice and knowledgable. Good Luck to you!!!
SusanD
on 1/15/06 10:07 pm - Mansfield, MA
Lisabeth, My surgery is scheduled 2/13 with N-W. They require that you go to 3 specific support groups before surgery. You go for your initial appt. whi*****ludes your meeting with the dietician, surgeon, and pyschiatrist (sp?). Then you have what ever tests that you require for you personally and then surgery. With insurance approval, I could have had my surgery in 30 to 45 days start to finish, but I went out of town for a month. I also had to arrange for family to come help with my 2 year old. N-W doesn't demand you lose weight before hand, but they like you to try. They want your lungs and liver to be in the best possible shape for surgery. - Hope this helps with your decision. I really like everyone at the clinic. Susan D in Mansfield, MA
myspell
on 1/21/06 10:43 am - medway, MA
Hi susan - I was just wondering if you could tell me which surgeon you have at nw? I have been going to umass since may of last year and still there is no word on when I will have surgery. I thought maybe I could switch hospitals. NW sounds good. Thank you Erica
SusanD
on 1/22/06 1:19 am - Mansfield, MA
Erica, My surgeon is Dr. Partridge. However, there are 3 surgeons at NW. Here is their website http://www.newtonwellesleywls.com/Content/ContentCT.asp?P=16 Good luck, Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views