Really Upset

txbunny930
on 1/11/06 7:47 am - MA
I just retrieved a message from my doctor stating he talked with Cigna and they are claiming they did not receive all the paperwork his office has sent. He'll have to recoordinate everything and submit that he has monitored me for the past 6 months (which I thought that was what he was doing). He states this is a road block that insurance companies put but to discourage people and that he's "almost sure" Cigna will approve me. Almost sure doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about Cigna approving me. And I do feel so discouraged with all this. I've done everything asked by Cigna as well as what Dr. Randall requests to be done and now I have this road block. I just need someone to tell me they've gone thru this and still was approved the next go around. This is a long way to come as well as expensive to only be denied and possibly not be able to have insurance cover the surgery. Thanks for listening to me whine. I'm just upset right now. Lorraine
SusanD
on 1/15/06 10:11 pm - Mansfield, MA
Lorraine, don't get worried over a paper work glitch. I know you want the surgery "now". Most insurance companies will approve if you meet the criteria which is a BMI of 40 or over. Good luck. Susan D
txbunny930
on 1/16/06 12:03 am - MA
Thank you Susan. It's just annoying after doing everything for over six months to get everything in line. It took a few years for me to even consider doing this before heading down this road. I made sure I had my insurance company fax me everything so there was no misunderstandings. It's just the "lost" paperwork which is the hold up and many have had this happen to them. So now Dr. Randall will send and outline letter as to everything that has been done and what is being faxed to them. We'll just see what they lose this go around. Dr. Randall's office did say they had 3 denials from different insurance companies that same day and for the say reasons. So it's not just Cigna. Have a wonderful day. Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views