Anyone have an opinion to share?

CelticRose
on 1/10/06 1:07 pm - MA
OK...now I am sure MANY of you are reading things ready to share opinions but I may be asking something beyond your opinion range. Without getting into the muddy details and reasons, I am without a WL Surgeon for followup care. It's just NOT going to be a possibility for me for longer range care. I am also still dealing with issues related to the WLS that my PCP has informed me is beyond her knowledge base so I am without a Dr to deal with vitamin and mineral deficiencies, reflux issues, hypoglycemia...... My PCP's only thought was to see a gastroenterologist at the hospital where I had my surgery and see if she can help with the issues I am having. It's not ideal in her mind or mine. Here is my question.....am I wasting my time and the GIs time? I am just wondering if she'll have the knowledge base needed or not. Whether she'll agree to see me as needed for the longer term followup care. Whether or not I am just stepping from one muddy mess into another in terms of Drs interested in egos and politics. Soooooo anyone have an opinion to share? Thanks in advance, Carolyn
Joyce S.
on 1/11/06 12:00 am - Dennis, MA
Hi Carolyn, Too bad you are without a good Dr for your followup care . my husband and I recently had R N Y @ Brigham & Womens Hospital w/ Dr. David Lautz. He's very nice man and an excellent Gastroenterologist Dr. The weight loss program at B & W is very good . Please call them, see if can they help you. 617-732-6960. You'll most likely first speak to his administrative assistant Eileen who is an absolute treasure. Joyce
txbunny930
on 1/11/06 6:20 am - MA
I don't believe it would be a waste of time at all. If she cannot help you, she might be able to direct you to a doctor who can? Better yet, see if your PCP can conference a call with the GI to discuss your medical issues before your visit or to see if you need to be directed to another physician. You would think that doctor's would pick up the phone more to help their patients on the road to becoming healthy. I've had 2 doctor's that went the extra mile and made calls for me with issues. My PCP is wonderful and she does the leg work for me without me having to play guessing games with which physician to see. Good luck and keep us informed on how you make out. Lorraine
CelticRose
on 1/11/06 7:07 am - MA
My PCP is normally awesome. It's just that she feels the issues I am having as a result of the WLS are too specific for her knowledge base. She works in the same hospital that the surgeon is located in so she doesn't have other sources/contacts for me. I just wasn't sure if the GI was going to say the same thing. I guess I'll try to hope that it will turn out informative/helpful. Thanks for your reply, Carolyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views