Please Read me

Michey1972
on 1/10/06 4:12 pm - West Springfield, MA
I am looking for support as I take on the biggest journey of my life. I am 33, a mother of 3 girls. I am 1/4 of the way there in my quest for finding the new me. I never really knew the real me anyway. I am 68inches tall and weigh 365 pounds. I am scared for my life now. Always feeling a sort of doom. I can't breath now, have hypertension. And I have recently found out I am starting to get diabetes. I am both scared and happy about this choice I have made to have bariatric surgery . I actually believe it is my last chance at life. I am very happily married to a wonderful man. He is very supportive. I am looking for someone that understands and feels how I do . A person who is going through it, or has gone through it. Please reply. Thanks. [email protected]
kendra-love
on 1/10/06 7:38 pm - boston, MA
hello michelle girl i'm going though the same thing your going though, i get hypertension and take med for it but if i don't go though it my life would be more scary because i would be bigger then what i am now 451 i have to do the surgery and i have to get over my fears i want to be able to see my daughter grow up and thats when i became no longer afraid, i'm afraid that i won't make it but the hospital beth irael is a good hosipal i'm just wanting for my surgey date, they want me to lost 25 pounds before they give me my date and girl its so hard i lost 14.5 pounds hopeing i did not gain it back because of stress that people are putting on me about my weight, but think postive and do worrie put it in god hands and leave it and nothing will go wrong trust me god is good. good luck
Caeli B.
on 1/10/06 11:49 pm - Boston, MA
You are not alone, sweetie! I was 30 years old and 348 lbs when I decided something had to be done. I was diagnosed with diabetes on August 4, 2004 and on August 30th I was meeting with the surgeon. I had my surgery (lap band) seven weeks later. BEST decision I ever made! I love my band and I love my life. I still have a long way to go in my journey but every day I wake up with hope - something I could never have said pre-op. Best of luck, Caeli 348/323/269/under 200
Dave_K
on 1/11/06 2:39 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
Hi Michelle You're among friends here. When I was getting close to 40 years old and 140 pounds overweight, I realized my health was just going to get worse unless I got help with my constant battle of weight gains and losses. WLS is not an easy fix but it is a tremendous tool for successfully recovering your health. How can we help? Dave K 318/185/185
Michey1972
on 1/11/06 11:43 am - West Springfield, MA
Hi Dave! Thanks for replying. WOW your hot ! I am just looking for insight on the surgery , and what their experiences are, good or bad. I am just looking to better understand what I am in for. Thanks again, Michelle
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/06 9:34 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Michelle, Good luck with your journey. I am almost 4 yrs post op.....I had an open rny in Feb 2002. I am very happy with my decision to have surgery. I am happy to chat with you and answer any questions.
kendra-love
on 1/14/06 11:53 pm - boston, MA
hello kim o i was wondering did you ever went to beth irael deacons hospital for a meeting
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/06 7:26 am - haverhill, MA
No I haven't. I had my surgery at Brigham & Womens. Why do you ask?
kendra-love
on 1/15/06 7:31 pm - boston, MA
because i think i seen you at beth irael for the meet that i had to go to you look like the lady that was there telling how her surgery went
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/06 12:25 am - haverhill, MA
Well, they say everyone has a double!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs