Newton-Wellesley/3 days to go

lgs1952
on 1/9/06 4:53 am - Waltham, MA
My surgery is scheduled for Thursday at Newton-Wellesley with Dr. Thayer. Last Friday was 2 hours of pre-surgical testing. I met with a nurse who took a complete history, nurse anethesist, med student, surgical resident and then had blood drawn. It was the most comprehensive series of meetings. I have been overwhelmingly pleased with the level of service at this hospital and hope that it will continue through the surgical and post-surgical process. Spent the weekend stocking up on all the things I'll need food wise post surgery. It's been a lot of years since I bought baby food! Found the protein drinks I need and bought a few samples from Unjury.com. They come highly recommended. Any tips you can think of before Thursday will be greatly appreciated.
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/06 9:03 pm - haverhill, MA
Good luck Linda! You are in good hands at Newton Wellesley. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
cowgirlup
on 1/10/06 12:51 am - HAVERHILL, MA
Good Luck! You are in my prayers! My surgery is 13 days away (Jan 23) at Brigham and Womens in Boston. I also have been stocking up on broth, jello and pudding LOL LOL Do you have all your vitamins also... I also have made sure about all of that too. I bought some protein stuff from Unjury and they are awesome!! GOOD LUCK Cybill
lgs1952
on 1/10/06 2:33 am - Waltham, MA
Thank you so much for the encouragement and kind words. Linda
SteffieBear15
on 1/10/06 11:35 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Linda... Best wishes to you... NWH is great I hope to see you at the support group meetings...they are very helpful early out.... Dr. Thayer is great too. Good Luck, Hugs, Stef
Dave_K
on 1/11/06 2:54 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
Good luck, Linda!! It will all be over before you know it, and this HUGE EXPERIENCE of NOW, your surgery, will seem like a fuzzy little inconvenience a year from now. Here're a few tips that helped me... Buy some Neosporin to put on your incisions and buy some Nexcare knee and elbow bandages. The Nexcare bandages are much kinder on your skin than Johnson & Johnson products or dressings with medical tape. Neosporin is wonderful stuff and the generic triple antibiotic cream found at any pharmacy is the same thing. My surgical scars healed quickly and rapidly faded thanks to using the Neosporin. I didn't put Neosporin on my sutures until after they were removed since its best to keep sutures dry till the skin adheres properly. I hope this helps! Dave K 318/185/185
lgs1952
on 1/11/06 3:43 am - Waltham, MA
Thanks all for the tips and good wishes. I should be back home on Sunday and will try to let you know how things are going as soon as I can. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views