North Shore Area need to find Dr

Jadeloose
on 1/4/06 12:06 pm - revere, MA
Hello Everyone, First I should reintroduce myself. I had been an active member up until August 2004. My father passed away after being very ill with cancer and I had to put the weight loss surgey idea on the back burner until I was in a better frame of mind. Well now Im in that frame of mind and very much looking forward to finding a Dr in my area preferrably. I do realize going into Boston is most likely my easiest option but at this point I would rather try to stay closer to the North Shore area. I have five children and my schedule is crazy. Trying to find extra time to travel into Boston with traffic and parking issues is not what Im hoping for. Originally I wanted to see Dr Ameri, but after just reading another MA posters profile I see that he does not preform the Lap Band procedure. Because of this IM looking to find a Dr that works in this area who does. Any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks alot for any ideas. Jade
txbunny930
on 1/4/06 8:49 pm - MA
Hi Jade: I'm in Medford and Dr. Randall does the majority of his surgeries at Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford. He also does the Lap Band. He and his staff are all about getting healthy and they are dedicated to it. I hope this helps a little as your profile says Revere but I'm not sure that is where you are looking for a doctor at. Good Luck. Lorraine
Jadeloose
on 1/5/06 10:01 am - revere, MA
Thanks for writting Lorraine Actually I was looking into Dr Randall last night after I posted. It does seem he has very good feedback from his patients. As of now Ive scheduled with Dr Ameri, basicaly to see what his take on things are. Since he had an opening so soon it was hard to resist the idea of getting some information from him. Ill be posting as soonas I see him to update everyone Thank you again Kristen
Kim S.
on 1/5/06 5:01 am - North of Boston, MA
I know it's not the answer you're looking for but I live North of Boston and when my PCP and I decided it was time for WLS and the lap-band, he did some looking into programs and recommended I go to Brigham and Women's. I had my surgery on Dec. 21st with Dr. Vernon and couldn't be happier. Experience really counts!! I hate going in to Boston but BWH has excellent parking facilities for cheap, even the valet isn't too expensive. Kim
Jadeloose
on 1/5/06 9:57 am - revere, MA
Hi Kim, Thank you for the information. I made an appointment with Dr Ameri today since he has an opening for the 27th of this month. The last time it took 4 months as I recall, so I was pleased with that. I plan to see what he says and at least educate myself about the differences between the procedures. Thanks again for writting Kristen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views