Denied help please!!

Nicole C.
on 12/2/05 9:33 am - hopkinton, MA
Hi everyone Im fairly new here but I am in need of some help Recently my letter was sent to insurance for prior approval for my gastric bypass, however i got a letter today stating, It was denied,and that they would reconside in 6 months after I have undergone suggested cholecytectomy(gall bladder removal) and demonstrates adequate social support network, which is essential to my long term success.Son I need some help links to sites anything, because I have sent out my appeals letter today and I need to get ready and get prepared, please email me and send all the information to me at the following address [email protected] thank you in advance!!! and good luck everyone.
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 12/3/05 9:59 am - 128 Belt, MA
Sorry you were denied. Ouch. I would call them and ask them in plain english what they are looking for.Are they looking for the 6 mos physician supervised diet...and if so..your doc should have been assisting you with this. When you do call...get a reference number to your phone call and make a folder and mark down all your correspondence. Good luck. Joan
Kim S.
on 12/4/05 8:55 am - North of Boston, MA
Sounds like you've already filed your appeal but when I went for my pre-op info session they said if you were denied to give them a call and they'd help you with the appeal process. It might be worth a call to your surgeon's office to see if they can help you with this... Kim
applepeach
on 12/5/05 12:16 pm - Acushnet, MA
Hi Joan, I spoke to you a couple of weeks ago regarding lapband surgery at B & W. Was wondering if the support group meeting is still on for next week? I am interested in attending. Unfortunately my first appt date to see surgeon is not until end of January, waiting is so difficult. I have also applied to NEMC, to see if their wait isn't so long. I really like the surgeon and psych. there, have been to a couple of support meetings but still want to give B & W a try. Let me know about next week. Hope all is well, Val
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views