Please Your Opinion Needed

Kirk Thompson
on 11/28/05 9:19 am - Martins Ferry, OH
I as a member and staff Member in the past few months have gone through things that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies.
Amy posted a card shower and I got like 5,000 cards and gifts so I guess you all love me don't we all support and love each other in our struggles with obesity.
The question I am wanting to ask is, I am clear free of any of the horrible things that was in my body. I had treatments 3 times a day for a month with the Antibiotic that deadens and all the things I had.
I live with my Fience Mandy and 4 small children and I hug and kiss them every single day.... They are Fine as can be.
OK Here is the question and would love to hear all your opinions on this matter.
I am in California, I came to the Event last year and worked the registration table and got to meet every single one of you that was over 300 or 400 people. Many who met me cried cause I inspired them in some way.
OK Here is what I am asking, I have no more symptoms, no more sores, no more viruses. Im off all Antibiotics and the only thing im on now it Pain Killers for pain management. I spoke in front of 400 people telling them my story and I looked around and everyone was crying then they played a tribute to me and my journey.Would it bother you or scare you to be around me? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS GOOD OR NEGATIVE. Cause I would all Love to See you all once again! Would you want me to come to your West Coast National Convention

Card Shower Needed
Original Post by Amy Williams at 11:12 AM AST on 10/23/2005
Augusta, GA - RNY (05/27/2004)

Most of you know or have heard of Kirk Thompson whom is part of ObesityHelp Staff. He's help thousands of members each day on the site and to help them find surgeons in their area. He's got a heart of gold.
For those that aren't familiar with him, please visit his profile to learn more about him.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=T983696607

He recently on the 19th reached 4 years post op but on top of that - and has been such a inspiration to so many of us losing over 450 pounds. But beyond that I wanted to let you know that Kirk has taken ill and could use our prayers and support. He has something called flesh eating bacteria (Necrotizing Fasciitis), This diagnosis is very rare and can be very serious. He also is suffering from a staff infection and Cellulitis. He is in quarantine and is pretty much isolated at this time. He is currently being picked up 3 times a day and transported for treatments.

The good news is this: The doctors think they have isolated and stopped the flesh eating bacteria! They remain concerned and are monitoring Kirk closely. Kirk is doing all he can to not go back into the hospital....he really should be there, but he is so tired of hospitals that he just couldn't take it anymore.

Please all, he needs our support. This is a very hard time for him right now. Kirk is a truly wonderful person and is always thinking of and doing for others. He is able to receive mail and other items. He said there are no restrictions...he just cant be around people. Even though he is very ill and on all kinds of medicines right now, he still is very concerned about ObesityHelp and how every thing is going. He sends his love to all.

Please if you can find time to send him a card or a little care package, or even just a letter letting him know you are thinking of him. Really anything to help him through these dark hard times. I can only imagine that being isolated in quarantine is absolutely so hard on him.

Kirk's mailing address is here:
Kirk Thompson
C/0 Mandy Swanson
19208 Rawhide Rd.
Jamestown, CA. 95327

Let's show Kirk lots of love,
Amy Williams
Member Services
Obesityhelp.com
jcservant2002
on 11/29/05 7:11 am - MA
I do not know alot about the disease you had but if the doc's say your clear to be around all other's I would have no problem's with it. Many people are afraid of what they do not understand so do not feel personally attacked if they say they would not like to be around you. I am so happy you are doing better. Kimberly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views