Lapband at NEMC

Richard
on 11/25/05 1:40 am - MA
Revision on 01/06/14
Alamisha I attended meetings pre-surgery. I attended post surgery support meetings for several months, but now I get my support from talking with people on line in several forums like this one.
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/05 4:33 am - MA
I'm having lapband surgery done at NEMC on January 9th, and I've been working with the Obesity Consult Center there for over a year - they are an AMAZING group of professionals. I did the medical weight loss program and lost 60 pounds before deciding to have surgery, and I'm waiting for my semester break so that I can fit the surgery into my schedule. What stage are you at now? I'd love to answer any questions. ~Jen
applepeach
on 11/26/05 12:39 pm - Acushnet, MA
Hi Jen, Congrats on your weight loss and your impending surgery. Wish I was that close! I feel so impatient about this process. I know it will all be worth the wait but its hard. Good luck to you. I plan on attending the lap band support meetings and hope my questions will be answered there. I cant wait till they call me for an appt. Who do you see first? Val
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/05 11:09 pm - MA
Great - perhaps I'll see you at the lapband meeting! You see the behavioral psychologist for two visits, followed by visits with the nutritionist, internist, and finally the surgeon. There's an exercise physiologist with the program who is simply awesome - I'd strongly recommend making an appointment with him once you start the program. Good luck! ~Jen
msmeme
on 11/26/05 11:46 pm - Boston, MA
'Wow Jen you look great . I was considering doing the medical weight loss program before the surgery. I have to met for the second time with the the psychologist, so I guess I am pretty much at the 1st stage right now. Did they recommend you start the medical weight loss program 1st to loss some weight or did you choose on your own?
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/05 11:52 pm - MA
The OCC usually requires patients to lose about 10 percent of their starting weight before surgery, but when I first came to the OCC, I wasn't sure if I wanted surgery, and so I started the medical program while I made my decision. I just got a date and entered surgical a few weeks ago - I'm very excited! Which psychologist did you see? Have you started the behavior change group yet?
mheadlie
on 11/27/05 9:09 pm - boston, MA
Hello, I had the lapband at Nemc on nov 14th, today is my two week anniversary, It all went extremely well, not much pain. I am already down 11lbs. My surgeon was Julie Kim, she was great.
msmeme
on 11/28/05 6:07 am - Boston, MA
Congrulations Michelle glad to know that your surgery went well and that your feeling better. Keep in touch I like to know your process
mira
on 11/28/05 2:54 am - North, MA
HI, I had Lap-Band at the NEMC. It went well, I am down 45pounds. Great program. Mira
msmeme
on 11/28/05 6:09 am - Boston, MA
Thanks Mira how long ago have you had the Lap-Band done?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views