Lapband at NEMC

msmeme
on 11/23/05 1:57 am - Boston, MA
Could anyone who have had or is having the the Lapband done at NEMC give me some info. How is the staff, how was the surgery??? just general info thanks.
chrisitna M.
on 11/23/05 2:03 am - west yarmouth, MA
Hi there I have had several friends who had the lapband and have done very well. I am having the gastric bypass at NEMC noveber 29th. The staff is great and very helpful. And all the surgeons there are excellent. I have Dr. SHikora and I am very pleased with him so far.. email me anytime christina
msmeme
on 11/23/05 4:15 am - Boston, MA
Thanks Chrisitna for the info and good luck to you. Mind if I ask why you have choosen to have the gastic bypass other than the lapband.
applepeach
on 11/26/05 12:34 pm - Acushnet, MA
Hi Christina, Congrats, you must be very excited about your date approaching. I am just beginning this process, went to first meeting last week and just sent in paperwork. I am wondering about how long this whole process takes? They weren't real specific. I also went to B & W session and I liked this one better. Let me know what details you can. Thanks and if I dont speak to you before the surgery, best of luck and think positive, this is the beginning of the rest of your life! Val
lily K.
on 11/23/05 3:24 am - brockton, MA
dear alamisha, i had the gastric bypass there last summer(2004) with dr kim and she did a great job. i've lost about 100 lbs. NEMC has a great pre and post op program for both the lapband and bypass( i investigated both before i made my decision) and i still try to go to my small monthly post op group( it helps keep me on track!!) good luck lilykate
msmeme
on 11/23/05 4:21 am - Boston, MA
Lily Kate congraulations on your weight loss and I wish you continue success. I am still in the process of investigating both myself and also have been attending some of the monthly meetings.
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 11/23/05 5:43 am - 128 Belt, MA
Alamisha, NEMC has a great WLS program. They were pioneers by doing the clinical trials for the lap band. Their program is multi-disciplinary...psych-exercise and nutrition. They were chosen for a PBS special on different types of weight loss surgery...the patients highlighted had RNY. You're next question is why didn't I have my band installed there...... My sister in law works in surgery and I wanted to keep this quiet. Best to you. Joan
msmeme
on 11/23/05 7:32 am - Boston, MA
Thats Joan for the words of advice!!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving
Richard
on 11/24/05 10:10 pm - MA
Revision on 01/06/14
Alamisha Doctor Shikora at NEMC did my LapBand over two years ago. I was very happy with the staff, the NEMC program and the results of my surgery. One night in the hospital and back to work in one week. I am at goal and my sleep apnea, high blood pressure and diabetes are gone. I have not been back to NEMC in the last year.
msmeme
on 11/25/05 12:11 am - Boston, MA
Thanks Richard for replying to my message. Have you been attending any of the sessions? Congulations and I wish you the best.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views