? Hypoglycemia anyone?

Ellen I.
on 11/22/05 11:24 pm - Maynard, MA
I had my RNY on May 11th of this year. I have now developed hypoglycemia and I was wondering if anyone else has developed it and how they are controling it. My sugars are dipping below 50 several times a day. I eat candy and drink juice but they are not helping as of yet. Any suggestions or advice would be very helpful. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!!! Ellen
(deactivated member)
on 11/23/05 12:13 am - haverhill, MA
Candy and Juice may be making the problem worse. Your sugar climbs and then suddenly drops after eating items with sugar....or even white starch items (like bread, pretzels or crackers). The way that I deal with the blood sugar issue is to eat regular meal/snacks.....high in protein and veggies.....low in carbs. I notice that I get the "low sugar" feeling a n hour or more after consuming starchy items. Good luck.....also ....be sure to check with your nutritionist and doc for good medical advice. These are just suggestions from personal experience.
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 11/23/05 9:23 am - 128 Belt, MA
Ellen, I didn't have RNY but my suggestion to you is to get with your dietician ASAP to see if that will help keep it under control. You might want to google this...in the summer there was a NEJournal of Medicine article about this for RNY patients. Best toyou. Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views