Umass/HMO blue

christina S.
on 11/21/05 2:54 am - MA
I am going through the Umass program for lap band surgery. I paid the $350 program fee and now I have all these co pays. It hasnt been easy to get an answer about the co pays. Blue Cross says I owe them ok fine but what was the program fee for?? Any one have any insight for me?
johare
on 11/21/05 12:29 pm - Pepperell, MA
When I paid my program fee, they told me it was for my visits to their office to see the nurse practioner, the nutritionist, and all the materials they hand-out to us patients. I have seen the nurse practitioner and nutritionist at least 1/2 a dozen times each so far.
SteffieBear15
on 11/21/05 11:59 pm - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
I do not know about your surgeon specifically but my program fee was $550 and goes toward the nutritionist, psych, a website used to track your progress, and to run the support groups. You will have co-pays for all of your office visits as well and probably have an inpatient copay when you are hospitalized. It is a small fee considering the fee that self pays have to come up with.... well worth the investment! Good Luck to you!!!
Cindy M.
on 11/22/05 2:00 am - Sterling, MA
I also am going to UMass. I have United Health Care. They send a form that says that how much they paid to the hospital and what I paid. The last few times that I have paid a co-pay, I found that it wasn't necessary. As far as the program fee is concerned, I was told that it was for the exercise classes. I am finally done and Dr. Kelly's office sent my letter off to the insurance company on November 10 and I got a response back on the 19th. My surgery is scheduled for February 22, 2006.
LauraMH
on 11/22/05 9:39 pm - Gloucester, MA
Hi Christina- I am going to SalemHospital/NSMC and they have a $300.00 fee. It is for nutrition, psych and the after care /excersize classes etc. Basically it is to cover what insurance may not. I have BCBS HMO Blue. I will have copays for the DR visits too. You should be given some info from your program on what it covers for you. Good luck with everything. Take care. laura H.
DC
on 11/22/05 9:44 pm - Orange, MA
The $350 is for non insurance covered expenses. Mainly its for the exercise classes. Her services are not covered by insurance. DC
jgv
on 11/27/05 1:08 am - Foley, AL
If you do pay program fees keep a watch on what the Ins pays. These "programs" (Dr offices) still file on your Ins and unless you know what is paid they will not offer you a refund.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views