HELP!!!!Which are best liquid protein drinks?

jreyes
on 11/16/05 8:17 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I am scheduled to have open gastric bypass sugery on Monday, November 21 and I do not know which liquid protein drinks are the best tasting. Can anybody reccomend the best brand and flavor? I have heard they all taste horrible but I have hope that something must be drinkable. I would like to get out this weekend to have everything in the house for when I return home I will be settled for the first week. Thank-you for any input you can give. Thanks, Jreyes
Kim S.
on 11/16/05 12:44 pm - North of Boston, MA
I am waiting for approval for Lap-Band at BWH so I've been trying out Protein Drinks. Here's what I've learned so far: EAS Myoplex Lite - Cappacuino flavor, made with 12 oz 1% milk. A little thick (so was the other EAS sample I tried) but tasty and very drinkable. Designer Whey - Chocolate, made with 12 oz 1% milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 2 packets 2 splenda. Pretty good and a better texture. A bit of a funky taste but I made the second batch with 8 oz milk and 4 oz cold coffee and it was MUCH better. RTD Spirotein (vanilla) - Horrible - threw it away after a sip. RTD Carnation Lite Instant Breakfast (Milk Chocolate) - also horrible. I've also ordered Nectar by Syntax (they carry at Vitamin Shoppe) in Kiwi-Strawberry. It is supposed to be a protein drink which is mostly clear (you mix it with water) and tastes like fruit juice. I'm waiting for it to come in. Check with wherever you go shopping - turns out if you don't like it you can return it, even if you have tried it. At least that is what Vitamin Shoppe told me. I'm going to buy more EAS and maybe a second flavor of Designer Whey. Good Luck, Kim
dlemar
on 11/17/05 4:15 am - Dorchester, MA
I've also used the GNC designer French Vanilla protein. It's about 21grams of protein. I mix a scoop with a glass of orange or rasperberry Crystal light to make a yummy drink. It tastes like a creamsicle. Good Luck.
jreyes
on 11/17/05 8:50 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Thanks for your reply Darrell. So far this sounds like the best since I do not like coffee. Jreyes
whtroses
on 11/19/05 10:13 am - North of Boston, MA
Hi Janet, I had surgery at the end of September. I had tried a couple of the protein drinks beforehand. After the surgery I had problems with the milk protein based drinks (many of them are milk based). I have only been able to use the ISOPURE protein drinks - so far Apple Mellon seems to be the most tolerable, and even then I have to dilute it 50% with water as the taste is too strong for me. Good luck.
Gina Olson-Ferraro
on 11/21/05 11:10 am - Stuart, FL
YUCK YUCK YUCK GO TO: WWW.BARIATRICEATING.COM GET HER SAMPLERS PACK.....I JUST BOUGHT THE PINAPPLE, THE CANTELOUPE, THE STRAWBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE, AND THE VANILLA VERY BERRY - THESE ARE INCREDIBLE....THATS SUSAN MARIA LEACH - SHE HAD SURGERY 4 1/2 YEARS AGO AND HAS A GREAT BOOK OUT CALLED - BEFORE AND AFTER!
jreyes
on 11/25/05 10:02 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Gina, Thanks for your advice. Going on line might be the easiest way to go since I am still extremely sore. Jr
DC
on 11/22/05 9:47 pm - Orange, MA
Try Isopure. It comes in a 20 oz glass bottle at GNC. There are many flavors some are OK. They have 40 grams of protein per 20 oz. I likes the grape. DC
jreyes
on 11/25/05 9:57 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Thanks for your advice. I will look into the Isopure at GNC. I am having difficulty with the amount of milk I am drinking with the other protein drinks. I also cannot stomach any of the lactose free protein drinks. Thanks again for your advice. JR
jcservant2002
on 11/29/05 7:15 am - MA
I like EAS Myoplex lite alot. I drink them normally. I like all flavors but sometimes add a piece of fruit or a little vanilla extract to give a kick.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views