Hi everyone, I looki...

applepeach
on 11/14/05 12:41 am - Acushnet, MA
Hi everyone, I looking for someone in MA who has had surgery(preferrably lapband) done at Brigham and Womens Hospital. I was originally working with someone in Wareham and my primary care physician put a stop to it by writing a letter to that surgeon and has now called me to let me know he would refer me but only to Brigham and Womens. I am looking for someone with experience with that program and maybe a contact number for more info. Appreciate any help anyone has. Thanks Valarie
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 11/14/05 5:40 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Val....give me an email.. I have had the lapband at the Brigham. Joan
applepeach
on 11/14/05 12:36 pm - Acushnet, MA
Hi Joan, THanks so much for responding. You can call me tomorrow at 508-965-8242 on my cell phone, its the best way to reach me. Or if you would rather you can email me back here at my home address site or at my work site which is [email protected]. Glad to hear you are shrinking! I am sure you feel wonderful. I am worried I will not qualify for the lap band, my bmi is very close to 40. My primary sent a letter to my original choice doctor, Dr. Kruger in Wareham and cancelled me out of program. After further discussion with me he referred me to Brigham. I am most worried about qualifying and then having my insurance pay for it. I am forced to switch insurance this month and need to make a choice within a week or less on which one to pick. I will pick top of line if I know they will pay for it, oh so confused right now. Look forward to hearing from you. Talk soon, Val
Kim S.
on 11/16/05 12:43 pm - North of Boston, MA
I have just had my first appt at BWH - they are very nice. Call Dr. Ashley Vernon at 617-732-8710. They will want you to come for an info session where you can learn about the different options they offer and the different surgeons in the practice. They also have a decent website at http://www.brighamandwomens.org/weightmanagement/WeightLossSurgery.asp Good Luck! Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views