Need help meeting protein goals

frizzy
on 11/9/05 2:19 am - Whitman, MA
I am 3 months postop and have lost 40 lbs. It seems like everything I am supposed to eat feels stuck in my esophagus or makes me vomit no matter how much I put it through the food processor or make it moist. (e.g. chicken, eggs, steak). The things I can tolerate are protein supplements like shakes or bars or things I shouldn't eat like potatoe chips or animal crackers. Help! I need some recipes that might work.
suzend
on 11/11/05 2:26 am - Groton, MA
Valerie, Have you called your surgeon to let him know about this? If so, what did he/she say? If not, please give the office a call and let them know. They can probably figure out if there is a problem or not. How man proetin shakes are you doing a day? Where you aren't getting food in, you might want to try for 3-4 shakes at 30 grams protein each to make sure you're getting it in. What kind of protein do you use? The best type of protein for us post-ops is whey protein. Good luck to you. Suzen
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/05 9:19 pm - haverhill, MA
The one thing that helped me keep up with my protein intake was string cheese. It worked for me.....hope it helps!
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/05 8:30 pm - somewhere, MA
Valerie, Hey neighbor! I am from Rockland. I am only 6 mos post op, but I remember eating a lot of chili and cheese early on. I have a Braun hand blender and would give chili and stuff like that a quick zap and it smoothed it out a lot. I also drink a protein shake just about every day. By far the best one I have found is Alpine Milk Chocolate from Bariatric Eating.com. What also works for me is Cottage Cheese. 10 grams of protein for a 1/2 cup and it tastes great to me. Hopefully that helps a bit. Jim.
Gina Olson-Ferraro
on 11/21/05 11:02 am - Stuart, FL
I have family in Whitman! Anyways Im doing a lot of string cheese, feta cheese and I found some EXCELLENT tasting protein shakes, etc on this one web site. You HAVE to check it out - and then check out her recipies www.BariatricEating.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views