Got a date

Lulu
on 11/1/05 4:04 am - Lawrence, MA
Hello everyone, I only decided on surgery in august and I already got my surgery date. It will be December 8th. I will undergo the laparoscopic gastric bypass with Dr. Ashley Vernon at Brigham and Woman's, any opinions will be greatly appreciated.
applepeach
on 11/1/05 10:49 pm - Acushnet, MA
Hi, and congrats on your date. I am an undecided, not really sure yet if I want to do this. I am a lightweight and am still convinced I can do this myself. My doctor is in Wareham MA and waiting period is short only a couple of months. Getting more unsure by the day. Good Luck. Val
Hoodsmom
on 11/2/05 12:09 am - MA
hi, my surgeon was also dr. vernon. she is great and everything moves along really quickly. good luck and be sure to ask as many questions as you want. regards, lorie
Lulu
on 11/2/05 1:27 am - Lawrence, MA
Thanks for the response, yeah I think Dr. Vernon is great she makes you feel at ease.
john stewart
on 11/3/05 7:48 am - Dennis, MA
Hi, I too have a surgery date in December, the nineteenth at Brigham and Womens with Dr. Lautz. I'm very impressed with him and his staff. My wife Joyce is having her surgery- Roux and Y with Dr. Lautz on Nov. 7 so I've seen just about everyone with her. Good luck with your surgery. John Stewart
applepeach
on 11/4/05 12:23 am - Acushnet, MA
Hi John, Good luck to you and your wife. Lucky to have a partner so close to you to help each other. Are you doing lapband or bypass? Since you are on cape have you heard of Dr. Kruger in Wareham? Valarie
john stewart
on 11/4/05 5:51 am - Dennis, MA
Hi Valarie, Thanks, you are so right about having a partner. We will both have Roux en Y bypass. We only heard of the program in Wareham recently form our PCP. He said a couple of his patients had been through it successfully. Keeping my fingers crossed my insurance approves me, and that everything goes well for Joyce on Monday. John Stewart
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views