Dr. Kelly

amykic
on 10/17/05 7:14 am - spencer, MA
Has anyone had surgery with Dr. Kelly's group? They are out of Umass/Memorial hospital. If yes, what is thier process, minimum weight loss before getting a date and about how long from start to finish? Thank you so much everyone here is great!!!! Amy Kirouac
Tina L.
on 10/17/05 9:28 am - MA
I am going to Dr. Czerniach (he is with kelly's group) , my surgery is on Thursday 10/20/05. I started in January 05 and surgery is this week, 9 months for me. I had to have some other medical testing that slowed the process a bit. Most people average 7 - 10 months from what I have seen. The first step is to go to an orientation meeting, they give you all the information to get started. When I started they told me it would take about 4 months, I have not met anyone who made it through the process in 4 months. It is a good program. Good luck. Tina
amykic
on 10/17/05 11:10 am - spencer, MA
Wow 3 more days, I will definitly be thinking of you. Thank you for responding. I am presently going through another program but I am also in the process of changing my health ins. This gives me more choices for surgeons. I have only heard great things about Dr. Kelly's group and plus they have been doing this for a while. Was there a weight loss requirement? Talk later Amy
Tina L.
on 10/17/05 10:40 pm - MA
They never gave me a specific number to lose, I lost and gained the same 5 lbs through the whole process. They said if I could just lose 5 lbs and not gain I would be ok. Tina
erica L.
on 10/19/05 10:01 am - medway, MA
I have not had surgery yet, but I am going thru the process at Umass as we speak. There is a 4 week presurgery group with dr. kantor and I like it a lot. I look forward to it every week. I went thru the 2 orientations, met with dr. gitkind for a medical assesment then I met with behavoiral (2 times) then started the group and went to see Jenny Prince of nutriton. After group I go see Jenny again and then it is the pre surgeon meetings. And then surgery. But I like the program a lot. Very informative. (plus I have a woman in my group that works with the bariatric patience). Take care, hope this helps Erica
erica L.
on 10/19/05 10:02 am - medway, MA
I forgot to mention there is no # for weight loss. Just as long as you are down rather than up when surgery rolls around. erica
Cindy M.
on 10/20/05 2:58 am - Sterling, MA
I started this whole process in March. I finished my last class with Jenny on September 20 and they are suppose to send my file over to the surgeons. It has been almost 5 weeks and no phone call......I have called Jenny and she told me to be patient. So, that is what I am doing. I have lost 40 lbs. since I started and figure the more you try to lose before the surgery, the better the surgery and recovery will be. Good Luck to you
amykic
on 10/21/05 11:24 am - spencer, MA
Thanks everyone. I received my info for the meetings the other day and by everyone saying such good things about this group I think I will go with them, sad part is my new ins. does not start until Jan. 1st. Amy
DC
on 10/21/05 12:56 pm - Orange, MA
I have Dr. C. Surgery is 10/28. I heard 5 pounds loss but if they think you are trying they will let it slide. I went to orientation on 2/16. So about 8 months. There is a lot of waiting between appointments and it gets worse at the end but hopefully it will be worth the wait. Just be prepared for the 8 to 10 month process and you will not be upset. Good luck DC
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views