Do you have BCBS PPO Mass?

muzakcon
on 10/13/05 1:20 am - Fuquay Varina, NC
I live in NC and have BCBS of Mass through Yankee Candle. I was wondering if anyone uses them and can tell me how long if took for approval...My surgeons office gave me a date and then realized I had out of state BCBS and took it back...They said it sometimes takes 30 days for insurance approval...I have been going through pre-op work since February and have completed everything..I am very anxious to get a date!! I am also a revision patient..with a failed lab banding from 1997...Thank you for any information you can give me!
NE Pats Fan
on 10/13/05 6:35 am - Tewksbury, MA
I have the same insurance, I'm in the waiting stage as well but I called them and they said a max of 30 days but 1 lady said usually only a week from the time they get the paperwork. Hope this helps.
Alyson M.
on 10/13/05 6:46 am - Dennis Port, MA
I have BCBS PPO, I got approved within 2 weeks, but I am in-state as well, so it might have gone faster... Good luck! Alyson 277/170/120 Surgery was October 5, 2004 Size 25 to start, size 12 now!
(deactivated member)
on 10/14/05 7:29 am - haverhill, MA
Alyson! Hi there stranger. You look wonderful. How have you been?
Lynn C
on 10/13/05 7:52 am
I also have BCBS MA PPO and received my approval in about a week. Good luck! Lynn Banded 9/12/05 Dr. Daniel Jones @ BIDMC - Boston, MA 299.5/266/140
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 10/13/05 8:27 am - 128 Belt, MA
I have blue cross/ppo and it went real smooth. I think it was actually 2 days for approval....but that was 1 year ago. I'm sure it will go just as smooth for you as for me and the other posters. Joan
Lori M.
on 10/13/05 9:34 pm - Weymouth, MA
I have the same insurance. What I found out was that it matters what date your surgeon puts in as the planned surgery date. I submitted on a Thursday with surgery date for the following Wednesday and they approved me within 24 hours. My friend put hers in with a surgery date for 30 days away and when she called BCBS of MA they told her they put them in date order to process them and they hadn't reached hers yet. They told her to expect 15 days. Hope all goes well for you. Lori
Kitcat
on 10/15/05 3:32 am - Boston, MA
I have BCBS of Mass PPO, and just received approval for Lap RNY yesterday. The approval took 24 hours and came only one day before my surgery date which is Monday. I heard BCBS of Mass and Tufts Health Plan are both WLS-friendly insurers in Massachusetts. And Yankee Candle is also a great company! Best wishes to you, Lynn J.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views