Help me help breast cancer victims and their families...IMPORTANT

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/05 4:35 am - Brooklyn, NY
When I had my gastric bypass surgery this summer, one of the nursing staff (who was so kind and helpful) and I discussed how we both work in health care, her being in nursing and me being in HR, we also talk about our family. During our daily discussions (I was in the hospital for 5 days) we began chatting about family we have lost to cancer, breast cancer inparticular. I lost an aunt, support another aunt and the nurse had lost 2 sisters and a mother to breast cancer. In honor of my family and on behalf of the nurse who is a godsend, I want to give something back the world (especially these hard times of natural disasters throughout the world), and I have decided to raise as much money as I can to support this deadly disease, that has affected this entire world. Today, there is more hope than ever for people touched by breast cancer. Early detection and new treatments have contributed to a steady decline in breast cancer mortality rates. However, there is still work to be done. That's why I'm walking in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. I want to do all I can to support the American Cancer Society's lifesaving research, education, advocacy, and patient services programs so that, someday, breast cancer will no longer be a threat to the women I love. I therefore reach out to you ALL, my OH friends and family, and request your support and assistance with the fight against breast cancer. Please visit my web site on the American Cancer Society/Kintera Breast Cancer Awareness site at https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=104728&lis=0&kntae104728=E47CE49258F74B3DBAD04554B2F227F8 TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Thank you, Mikey K
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views