what can i have besides carnation and ensure

patuca
on 10/10/05 7:34 am - roslindale, MA
I had surgery on 10/05/05, would like to change the liquids, any suggestions?
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 10/10/05 9:04 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Patricia, Congratulations on your surgery. Although carnation and ensure have the protein you need...sometimes we need choices. I found progresso tomato basil to be a very satisfying liquid. Also, have you considered making the SF FFjello pudding and adding protein powder? You can add the protein powder to chicken soup...no noodles yet. If you are really bored with the choices..contact your assigned dietician and they will help you (email or phone) on some addl choices to keep you on track. Don't be shy about asking for help..everyone associated with the WLS services is here to assist us so we can succeed. Best to you, Joan
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/05 9:43 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Patricia, My first instinct is to tell you to contact the nutrition dept. Dr Robinson was my surgeon too. Of course things could have changed in the 3 and a half years since my surgery. My choices were no sugar added Carnation....chicken broth....clear sf and non caff liquids(herb tea etc).
Jeri R.
on 10/14/05 3:40 am - Mansfield, MA
Hi Patricia! I'm just a week ahead of you (surgery 9/26), and know what you mean. Thanks to the gals that have responded to you and the advice they and others gave to me, I haven't found it too difficult. I have the SF CIB everyday and add Unjury for protein; plus a piece of fruit for taste change. The SF Jello & Pudding Snack Paks, bouillion soups, creamed soups, cream of wheat, apple sause snack paks, cottage cheese, yogurt. Yesterday I actually had a scrambled egg. It stayed with me for quite a while, so I'm not anxious to try it again. If you come up with any good ideas, let me know............ I honestly can say that I don't know what I would have done without the wonderful people on this message board. Their support and advise is truly the best.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views