Has anyone went through UMASS Worcester?

Marlene R.
on 10/12/05 3:40 am - Clinton, MA
Thank you for all of your input! I was a little overwhelmed / confused after the first meeting. Thanks!!!!
X X.
on 10/12/05 4:23 am - Cyberspace, XX
Very interesting thread. I have found that the WLS group of people is very diverse. There are those who are on disability and have several serious illnesses, then there are those that are obese with no co-morbids..yet. The ages span 20's to 60's in some cases. Some people have college degrees, and some didn't finish high school. There is no one program that can possibly appeal to every single person who is obese and searching for the golden bullet of weight loss surgery. The best thing to do is look around and see what would work for you in your current situation. I do feel that having the surgery is just one part of the picture, and you do need to understand what drives you to overeat, and the triggers that put you in a "fat place". There will be parts of every program that will seem silly, and may not apply to your particular cir****tance, but once again, use it as a learning opportunity. Even the most educated person can learn something new, you just need to be receptive. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for someone who is so well educated they know everything about WLS and just view these programs as a hindrance to their being thin. Oh well, just my 2 cents.
erica L.
on 10/13/05 4:46 am - medway, MA
Hi all! This is the first time I have posted anything. But I thought that this is a good question. I am currently going through Umass and I am in the pre surgery group this month. I think Umass is terrific. I've read so many posts from others having a problem with chewing and slowing down their eating, I would assume their program was not as indepth as the Umass one. We need to start to eat slower before surgery. We are told everything we can eat right after surgery 1 month later, 2 months later, etc... Everyone is so nice. I am college educated and I do not find anyone that I have encountered to be one bit condescending. I highly reccomend Umass for their thorough program.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views