surgery date mixed feelings!!!

jreyes
on 9/29/05 7:03 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I received a call yesterday from my doctor's office that they finally got approval from my insurance company. It has been a long process about 1 1/2 years. I am secheduled to have surgery on November 21. Since the approval which has only been a day I have many mixed emotions such as excitement, nevousness and second guessing myself. I have faith in my surgeon it is just the thought of going under the knife. How did others handle these feelings? I have almost two months before my actual sugery date. Help!!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/05 9:44 am - haverhill, MA
I handled those emotions by staying focused on my goals.....the reasons that I wanted surgery in the first place. I spent hours playing with the before and after pictures on this site and reading the profiles of those who had surgery before me. Good luck...and if I can do anything to help...answer questions or just chat a bit with you....just let me know.
jreyes
on 9/29/05 10:35 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Kim, Thanks for your input. I will be spending more time on the OH website as my surgery approaches to help keep me focused.
LilPork
on 10/4/05 2:57 am - Townsend, MA
I was the same way too. I think it is natural. I just went into this knowing I was gonna be okay. you will be too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views