Haven't introduced myself yet...

wisteria
on 9/21/05 1:21 am - MA
I am new to this board, having spent a lot of time over at the faltering spotlight. I like the idea of being able to exchange info/support with others from MA. I had open rny just over 2 years ago with Dr. Gazmuri at Newton Wellesley hospital and have lost about 140 lbs. I just had an extended TT on 9/8 with 3 hernia repairs, again at NWH with Dr. Peggy Howrigan. It was very exciting and while I have a ways to go to fully realize the end results of the PS, I am amazed at what she was able to do for me. Medical Science is amazing. I'll try to be as helpful as I can when I can and I look forward to getting some support from you all as well. Thanks. Carolyn
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/05 8:51 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Carolyn Congrats on your success. Welcome to the Mass Board
Karen K.
on 9/23/05 12:01 pm - Weymouth, MA
HI there! I am hoping to have my surgery also at Newton Wellesley with Dr. Partridge- although after meeting Dr. Gazmuri at the support group last week I almost change doctors! He seems so nice! Very interested in anything anyone can say about their experience with these docs and the hospital.
SteffieBear15
on 9/24/05 12:01 pm - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Dr. Gazmuri is my surgeon as well. I LOVE HIM!!!! He is amazing and the whole practice is great. I was haivn a tough time emotionally after surgery and one morning he called me and talked to me for about a half hour. I never was under the impression that he was annoyed and he never rushed the conversation. It seems like all of the surgeons have a pretty good handle on other patients and they round together in the hospital. From what I can see Dr. Tahyer and Dr. Partridge are great too. I would highly recommend this practice and any of the surgeons. Feel free to email me if you would like more specifics!!! Good Luck!! *HUGS* Stef
wisteria
on 9/25/05 2:17 am - MA
Karen- Ditto on my praise of the entire practice. I love Dr. Gazmuri. He is very interested in the whole WLS experience. Not just the surgery itself. he is wonderful. I recently had a TT with a PS he recommended (peggy Howrigan) who I also loved. Dr. Gazmuri was doing surgery that morning. Found out I was too and stopped in to wish me luck. So sweet! Then they discovered I had 3 hernias. He was down the hall finishing up surgery so he came in and repaired them for me. The plastic surgeon told me he "worked his magic". She also asked me how I was so lucky to find him because she considers him to be an excellent surgeon... I also find that the whole practice is so dedicated. They really have a whole program going there. They dont just operate and then leave you to fend for yourself. I think you will be happy with them. I also have had very positive experiences with Newton Wellesley hospital staff. If you have questions, I would be happy to talk with you by phone or email whatever you like. Best of luck! Carolyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views