Plastic Surgery

Nancy I.
on 9/21/05 12:48 am - worcester, MA
Hello everyone It has been a while since I have posted. I am 16 months post op and to all of you that are frightened it is normal. But I will say this. This was the best decision I have ever made. Now I am scheduled for a tummy tuck next week. Wow these things come up fast and wonder if anyone else has had one, and what was the recouperation like. any feed back would be helpful thanks again Nancy
wisteria
on 9/21/05 1:09 am - MA
Hi Nancy- I just had an extended TT 2 weeks ago tommorow. I was done by Dr.Peggy Howrigan at Newton Wellesley. She was amazing. Where will you be? Anyway, all went well. 3 1/2 planned hours turned in to like 7 because they found 3 hernias at a site where I had a hernia repaired years ago. I stayed in the hospital one night. I am a very fast healer and experience a minimal amount of pain so for that I am fortunate. Mostly the first couple of days were tough because you cant stand up straight. Within about 3-4 days I was walking pretty normally. I came back to work after 1 week and that has been fine, but I am at a desk and can set my own pace. I found that the more I kept moving the better I was. I still stiffen up more when I sit for long periods. I commute to Boston on the bus so its just been a little tiring. 2 weeks later I would say the only lingering effects are weariness. I only had my drains in a week and and far as I am concerned that was the worst part of the whole thing. They do not hurt at all, but I found them so cumbersome and annoying that it held me back. As soon as they were gone I felt free to really move about more. This week she ok'd me to remove the binder, which I found itchy, like wool,and switch to a panty style girdle. That also felt very liberating. Stay on top of your pain, especially the first few days. Dont let it build to the point where its hard to get under control. I also think moving around even though it hurts helps a lot. In the end, I think you will agree its worth it. I am still quite swollen, but its absolutely amazing not to have this hank of a stomach hanging down. This mornng I realized that even though I dont feel brave enough to do it yet, the day is going to come when I am going to be able to wear a shirt tucked in and not feel self conscious about it--something I dont ever remember doing. Sorry for rambling. If there's anything I didnt specifically answer ask away and good luck! Carolyn
Nancy I.
on 10/7/05 1:09 am - worcester, MA
just wanted to let you all know i had my surgery with complications i hemoraged after surgery had to go back in and was in the icu for two days. i lost a lot of blood. i am home now recouperating the drains will be out on wednesday thank god i am feeling ok just very tired they said it will be this way for a while thanks for your concern nancy
karenm
on 9/27/05 10:59 am - west yarmouth, MA
I was just wondering was your tummy tuck covered by insurance and if so what insurance? Thanks for your reply--Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views