I'M DESPERATE AND NEED HELP !!!!

kelly M.
on 9/20/05 8:18 am - peabody, MA
HI MY NAME IS KELLY. I CONTEMPLATED GETTING GASTRIC-BY-PASS SURGERY. OVER THE YEARS I SUFFERED DEPRESSION WHICH LEAD TO OVEREATING. I PRETTY MUCH LET MYSELF GO. I WAS SO TIRED OF HEARING YOUR HAVE SUCH A PRETTY FACE IF YOU WOULD ONLY LOOSE THE WEIGHT NOT TO MENTION THE FEW TIMES I WAS ASKED WHEN I WAS DUE... I WAS ABOUT TO CRACK. I WAS TIRED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO GRAB A GARMENT RIGHT OFF THE RACK. I DECIDED THAT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I WASNT HEAVY AT ALL AS A TEENAGER. I HAVE HAD ALOT OF LUCK LOOSING WEIGHT MYSELF AND HAVE DECIDED NOT TO GO FOR WLS. I CURRENTLY WEIGH 228LB. I HAVE LOST ABOUT 30LB SO FAR. I FEEL GREAT ABOUT LOOSING THE WEIGHT DONT GET ME WRONG BUT THE MORE WEIGHT I SEEM TO LOOSE THE MORE MY STOMACH HANGS AND BREAST DROOP WHICH IS TOTALLY FRUSTRATING. I GET NUMEROUS RASHES AND BACTERIAL INFECTIONS UNDER MY STOMACH AND BREAST NOT TO MENTION THE ODOR THAT COMES FROM THAT AREA. AS YOU CAN IMAGINE IT MAKE ME FEEL SELF-CONSIOUS. I AM CURRENTLY ON MASS HEALTH/MEDICAID AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO TO START THE BALL ROLLING ON POSSIBLY GETTING THEM TO COVER A TUMMY TUCK AND BREAST REDUCTION/LIFT I HEARD THAT THEY DO COVER SOMETIMES. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START. IF ANYONE HAS HAD EITHER OF THESE PROCEDURES COVERED BY MASS HEALTH/MEDICAID PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE STEPS I NEED TO TAKE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME. KELLY
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/05 8:28 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Kelly, You should see your primary care doc and have those rashes documented. A pattern of rashes and infections could be enough to get some kinds of plastic surgery covered. I am not sure about the details....but your doc would know.
kelly M.
on 9/21/05 10:32 am - peabody, MA
THANK YOU*KIM I GREATLY APPRECIATE YOU REPLYING TO MY MESSAGE. I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD HELP ME I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.
Dave_K
on 9/21/05 1:06 pm - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
Hi Kelly It's great that you've decided to try losing weight. Hopefully you can achieve your permanent weight loss goals without WLS. We all know the struggle involved in losing weight through diet and exercise and most people here have had poor long term results and opted for weight loss surgery. Myself, I've gained and lost hundreds of pounds with my yo yo weight gains and weight losses. RNY gastric bypass was a better long term weight loss solution for me rather than another diet & exercise program. Understandably, most of the posters to this forum are big fans of WLS and although no one wants to sell you on the idea of WLS or discourage you from your current weight loss program, it would be nice to know why after contemplating surgery you chose not to have it done. Also, I hope you keep an open mind and keep WLS as an option should you fail to reach your permanent weight loss goals. Warm regards, Dave 318/192/185
Carrie N.
on 9/28/05 7:52 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Dave, I just wanted to say nice picture! You look great! Congratulations! Carrie
cindy calder
on 10/6/05 5:32 pm - cleveland, TN
Mediciad will cover a breast reduction if its in certain catergories,like severly large breasts,such as d or bigger,the rashes is another reason to cover it,also as long as you tell the surgeon you are having back and neck pain thats another reason for medicaid to cover it..i had mine back in 2003 i was a ddd and now i am a c i love it...and its nice to know i barely get those rashes anymore and to top that off i can actually buy the size shirt i need and not have to worry about my boobs stretching the shirt,and sometimes can go braless lmao email me anytime if you have any questions as i have been through this cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views