A quick hello!!!

Lisa C
on 9/17/05 10:08 am - south dennis, ma
Hello everyone!!! I just wanted to post quickly I am fairly new to the OH website, have "lurked around" for a while, but don't post often. I live on Cape Cod, am a cardiac nurse, wife and mom of three wonderful boys. I am planning to have WLS in early november, patiently waiting to get a date and just wanted to say "HI"!! I was wondering if anyone knows of a support group close to Cape Cod?? My surgeon doesn't really have a "formed" post op group, it seems to come and go, partially because of location, but I know that strong support will be key for me. This website has been great for information as well as inspiration. The state message boards don't seem to be as active, but I thought I would post here. Have a wonderful weekend!! Lisa
~*Ellen H.
on 9/17/05 1:20 pm - Western, MA
Welcome Lisa! I remember the waiting process...it can be aweful! I hope it is resolved for you soon. I have no information for you about groups on the cape unfortunatly, but hopefully if you leave this post on the MA board long enough people from the Cape will have some support for you. I agree that the state board is rather slow... Have a good day! Ellen
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/05 9:18 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Lisa, Welcome It is nice to see some new faces on the Mass. board. I don't know much about support on the Cape. Good luck with your surgery!
HeidiLeigh29
on 9/19/05 3:21 am - Montague, MA
Hi Lisa, November!! That is right around the corner and will be here before you know it!! I attended support group meetings because my insurance or doctor required it. But I found the support on this website is better than any meeting I had to attend. My questions are answered here immediately. I love this website and the people here. I love reading everyones profiles and seeing their before and after photos is soooo inspiring!! Sorry, I am from Western Mass and I don't know of any meetings in your area. Good luck to you, Heidi S.
NE Pats Fan
on 9/20/05 5:19 am - Tewksbury, MA
Hello Lisa, I just attended my first support group last week at lahey in burlington and alot of people travelled a good distance. I found the meeting very informative and alot of help in re-inforcing my decition to have rny in the next month or so. This web site is good for getting the ground work layed but speaking to actual people is so much different. After I left I was already thinking of more ?'s to ask at next month's meeting. Good luck in your journey. Paul
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views