Hi Everyone

stephnlou101103
on 9/16/05 9:51 am - Lowell, MA
My name is Stephanie and I am in the process to get the gastric bypass and I am being treated now for H-pilory. Has anyone out been treated for it? I just don't if I will make it the 2 weeks taking all these pills. I also wanted to know how long does the process take? I have my first consultation w/ the surgeon September 23rd. I am just being impatient I guess!!!! I want to be healthy and I want my clothes to fit!! Go to Amusement parks w/ my child and be able to fit on the rides. I really don't have support at home! At work, all the women are so supportive. This is just a great place to come it makes me feel like there are other people out there like me.
wendy M.
on 9/16/05 10:45 am - randolph, ma
Stephanie I am going through the process. I have to take the Psychological test in October... I have found this site to be awesome Good luck Wendy
SteffieBear15
on 9/16/05 12:47 pm - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hi Stephanie... Good luck on your journey. It varies drastically how long the entire process is. My first consult was Jan 3 had a date for 2/17 which I posponed for several reasons. Make sure you are ready... don't just go for the soonest date to get it over with... it will happen in time take your time and give yourself what you need. Just something to think about...if you have a problem with the 3 pills for H.pylori how are you gonna force yourself to get the supplements down after WLS when it is much harder to swallow? Supplements (multivitamin, b12, calcium, iron, and for some surgeons actigall and protonix). It is hard makes you want to sometimes. Best wishes to you!!! Stef
stephnlou101103
on 9/18/05 7:03 am - Lowell, MA
Hi Stef I think I am scared that I will forget which I have not since I was put on the medication! I have been taking them wherever I go. I am so ready for the surgery!!! I am working on my mind set and I know it wont be perfect but I am trying really hard. I am so happy that you responded!! Thank you for all of your input!! Stephanie
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/05 12:13 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Stephanie, I don't have any experience with H-Pylori....but I just wanted to say welcome. Which surgeon are you working with?
stephnlou101103
on 9/18/05 6:56 am - Lowell, MA
Hi Kim My surgeon is Rebecca Shore at Saints Memorial Medical Center in Lowell and thank you for saying welcome!!!
Lisa C
on 9/17/05 10:00 am - south dennis, ma
Stephanie, I am new to this website but, have been in the process of WLS since July. I live on Cape Cod and did alot of research on MD's in Mass before I picked my doctor. I found that the wait times vary dramatically in massachusetts, at Tufts in Boston although arguably one of the best programs the wait from begin to surgery is 9-12 months. A friend of mine is a pt of Dr. Hess at Boston Medical center had her first visit in March and had surgery in July. I chose Dr. Ray Kruger in Wareham at Tobey hospital. I saw him the first week of August and am probably going to have surgery the last week of October/ first week of November. Some things to remember, different surgeons require different things. Mine makes you participate in a pre-op group that goes 1x/week for 4 weeks. He also requires psych visits x2 and a nutrition consult. The psych and nutrition visit are pretty standard. Also, I am an RN so my knowledge about the risks/benefits/complications is good, make sure you educate yourself. During many of the pre-op visits everyone questions you to make sure you really understand. I wanted a program that was fairly quick, yet comprehensive. The other important ting to remember is that your own medical history and/or comorbidities will determine what pre-op tests your surgeon will require. Some of the tests take longer to get scheduled and done, sleep studies and cardiac workup (if necessary) usually seem to take the longest. I hope that helps a little. I am new to this website, have "lurked around" for a while, but don't post often. Good luck in your journey, keep us posted. Lisa
stephnlou101103
on 9/18/05 7:00 am - Lowell, MA
Thanks Lisa I have researched alot but I just wanted to know in general. I know I will have to wait for a while because I need to get a sleep study done!! I guess I was curious and wanted to try out the message board and see if I can get some responses and I got some great one!! Thank you for input and good luck to you in your journey!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views