Dr. Sheila Partridge- pcp forms

Karen K.
on 9/10/05 9:47 am - Weymouth, MA
HI all, In the embryotic stage of the process here and just received my orientation/registration from my surgeon- Dr. Sheila Partridge at Newton Wellesley. Enclosed with this is a 2 page form for my pcp to fill out. Good Lord. It wants my doc to chronicle a 6 month supervised time that I was attempting a weight loss. Well, I have seen this doc for approx 10 years and she has seen me yo- yo up and down 30 lbs and I have never been under 210. She knows of my attempts and of my medical side conditions that have existed. Isn't that enough? I am going to call her on Monday and discuss this form- she already told me that she would "write the letter" that I need- and she referred me to this surgeon- so I may assume that she knows what they will be looking for from her? I don't know- felt anxiety over this and then ended up overeating at supper (big surprise) I hate to think I need to do some kind of 6 month thing with my doc- let's face it- hypothetically I could show them years of Weigh****chers cards with my weight loss documented. Of course- they always show successful weight loss- because once I began to overeat I never went back! I certainly didn't keep going for them to document my 2 lbs a week weight gain! Anyone wanna share how they got thru stuff like this? How particular do you think my pcp needs to be with this stuff? ANyone else go thru this with surgeons at Newton Wellesley?
SteffieBear15
on 9/12/05 2:56 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hi there... I am a Newton Wellesley patient and I had the same form. What I did was write out a detailed history to give to My surgeon (Dr. Gazmuri) and I filled out the paperwork myself and had my PCP sign it. She was fine with that and I don't know how they would know that you filled it out. They are pretty easy going about that stuff. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about that practice...they are all great and I highly recommend it! Good Luck!!!
wisteria
on 9/13/05 3:16 am - MA
Hi- Karen. I am also a patient of Chestnut Hill Associates. I had my open rny with Dr. Gazmuri just over 2 years ago now. They are an amazing group! I love them. First of all, while I had a long history of gaining and losing weight--none of it was really done under my drs. supervision. It was with WW, and other groups etc. I just filled out the diet history to the best of my ability. I dont remember that my PCP had to sign it,maybe things have changed for preops. What I will tell you is that their staff is wonderful and they will certainly help you. So dont get yourself overly stressed about it. Just to reassure you of how terrific I think they are. Last week I was scheduled to have a TT with a plastic surgeon that Dr. Gazmuri recommended. He found out I was there and came in to see me before surgery. Then in the middle of the surgery, they discovered I had 3 hernias that we didnt know about and he came in following a surgery down the hall and repaired them for me. He came by with Dr. Partridge that evening to check on me and the next day before I was released, all 3 of the doctors in the practice came in to check on me. This is 2 years post op. I think you will be very happy you made this decision and I have found that the care and nursing care at Newton Wellesley is really good. Good Luck! Carolyn
Christine W.
on 9/13/05 5:39 am - Pawtucket, RI
Karen, Don't worry about this. Your Dr. knows what to do. I had Dr. Bruce Thayer. He's Dr. Partridges associate and my Dr recommended him. They both do the same kind of stuff and my Dr. never batted an eye. Between the two offices I never had to bother with anything including insurance!!! They'll take great care of you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views