Need a PCP quick!

Kitcat
on 9/8/05 1:53 am - Boston, MA
Hi everyone, I am scheduled for RNY on 10/17 (yay!) but I don't yet have a PCP, and I really need one! If you like your PCP alot, could you please share their name/practice name/# with me? I live and work in the Boston area (West Rox area) but am willing to travel anywhere to find a great PCP who has experience and compassion wtih postops. If possible, I'd like to find a PCP who is in the Partners system, but that is not a must have. If you're wondering why I don't have a PCP already, it's because my last PCP was very much against WLS, and so we agreed to disagree. I just would feel a lot more comfortable with a PCP who "gets it". Thanks so much in advance! Lynn
katiesg
on 9/8/05 9:05 am - boston, MA
HI My PCP is Charles Pao. He's at newton wellesley hospital- but I see him in the office in Needham. I think he's bright, kind and very thorough. Good luck. -katie
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 9/8/05 10:59 am - 128 Belt, MA
Lynn, I emailed you seperately...but Dr.Pao is part of the NWPC group I emailed you about. My husband sees Dr.Pao. He doesn't like going to the doc...but has had Dr.Pao for abt 10 or so years so he must "like"him too! Joan
Mary Jo
on 9/12/05 2:05 pm - Oakdale, MN
Hi, Lynn....I just had to write, since you mentioned the Partners system. I reside in MN, but was recently on a business trip to Boston when I became ill and actually ended up having surgery on my thyroid! I went to an emergency room at Melrose-Wakefield and was transferred to Massachusetts General, where they had just awesome physicians. After looking at the website for MGH, I saw they are part of the Partners system. If I were you, I'd try to stay within that system. On the website, they have a referral tool to find a PCP - perhaps you could call a couple of offices and check them out. Also....perhaps your bariatric surgeon has a couple of recommendations. I was just flipping IMPRESSED by the whole MGH facility - and keep thanking my lucky stars I happened to get sick in Boston instead of a remote area somewhere! Good luck to you! Mary Jo
Nena
on 9/14/05 1:07 am - Quincy, MA
You've probably made a decision by now. But, I just wanted to add my opinion since I work in the medical field in the Boston area. Wherever you are going to have your surgery, B&W, BI, etc., I would request that they give you a list of referrals to pick from. That way there may be some connection or familiarity between them and make your life much easier. Best wishes...............we are so lucky we live around the medical mecca of the country!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views